Columbia Photo of the Day

Firefox

The Confederate Museum IS separate. Its in the same structure, but you have to go down a long hallway to the back and its tucked away where nobody can see it. You don't have to pay to go in it, unlike the regular museum. Its also not gear towards school field trips. Its still called the Confederate Relic Room or something like that, though its essentually the Confederate Museum.

Interestingly enough, the last confederate flag to fly on the Capitol dome is in the State Musem (not the Relic Room)

(Acutally on second thought, you may have to pay to go in there, bu its separate from the State Museum's entrance fee)

Oh cool, I haven't been over that new dam road yet.

Unfortunately, it doesn't give you that falling-off-the-edge-of-the-earth feeling that you got driving over the old road. At least, I think the old road was like that. I only went over it once or twice and it was at nighttime and I was a bit, uh, intoxicated. I wasn't driving; don't worry! But at one spot on the new road, you do get a view of downtown Columbia like this (and sorry for the summer haze):

dam078.jpg

Ok I understand that I did post alot in the start of this thread and I love the fact everyone is submitting but Snowwhite, to be fair to other forumers and to let them post their photos, I think you should take light in the rules mentioned early in this thread about one posting shot in the monring and another in the afternoon so it gives other forumers a chance to post, granted you have some great shots and we really enjoy seeming them I haven't had a chance to post in a few days in order to be in complance with the rules. I am sorry I sound like a mod ( I use to be a long time ago) so I hope Spartan and Krazz don't kill me for doring this.

Edited by Firefox

Ok I understand that I did post alot in the start of this thread and I love the fact everyone is submitting but Snowwhite, to be fair to other forumers and to let them post their photos, I think you should take light in the rules mentioned early in this thread about one posting shot in the monring and another in the afternoon so it gives other forumers a chance to post, granted you have some great shots and we really enjoy seeming them I haven't had a chance to post in a few days in order to be in complance with the rules. I am sorry I sound like a mod ( I use to be a long time ago) so I hope Spartan and Krazz don't kill me for doring this.

I'm sorry; I certainly didn't mean to step on your toes, or anyone else's. Personally, I think the rules should be changed because I know that you and I both have photos that we're itching to post and I've seen some great shots by other members in this subforum. But I also don't think it's fair for you to be upset with me because if you look back over my pictures, I have left many mornings free and I often wait until late night (well, after 8-10pm-ish, except for a few instances where I discovered the school computer lab between classes, like today) to post the PM picture out of consideration for you, Firefox, since I see that you post a good bit in the early to mid afternoon. You are the only person who regularly posts here who hasn't really acknowledged my presence, so I've felt from day one that you feel that this is "your" thread (yes, I know you started it, but that's not what I mean) and was afraid I was stepping on your toes when all I really wanted to do was share my personal pictures with other Columbia enthusiasts. But to smooth out any hard feelings, I will not post here for the next couple of days unless there is an opening for a photo and it's almost midnight. Please accept my apology.

This should take care of the situation at hand:

If you post in the morning, don't post in the evening.

That sounds like a plan. I've posted so many of my Columbia pictures on here before that I haven't posted any on this thread. I may have to dust off some of my favorites. I think Firefox and I are going to take some pictures on Monday - he has helped me immensely with improving my photography.

You know what. On a clear day or night you can see the Columbia skyline from Hardscrabble Rd. and/or Lee Rd. all the way near Publix in NE Columbia. it's neat. Those houses really have a good view. lol

Wow, thanks for the info - I'll have to check that out! I knew that you could see the skyline from the top of that hill on Two Notch by Alpine Road, but I didn't know you could venture further out. On second thought, there is a house in Wildewood worth a million dollars and part of that price tag is due to the fact that they have unobstructed views of the skyline.

Wow, thanks for the info - I'll have to check that out! I knew that you could see the skyline from the top of that hill on Two Notch by Alpine Road, but I didn't know you could venture further out. On second thought, there is a house in Wildewood worth a million dollars and part of that price tag is due to the fact that they have unobstructed views of the skyline.

You can also see the skyline pretty well out on the Blythewood Rd/University Club exit on 77 on the overpass.