Columbia Photo of the Day

Firefox

Speaking of politicians coming through town, I got some nice black and white photos of Air Force One at Columbia Metro back in 2003(?) when Dubya came to speak at USC's graduation. I even got in minor trouble with the airport police for sneaking around to get those pictures, and I can't find them anywhere! :cry:

Driving over the dam - sunset at Lake Murray.

dam025.jpg

I haven't decided who I'm supporting, yet, but I'm glad to see several candidates visiting Columbia.
It's a bit disconcerting to learn that some Americans say "Obama is not black like me" and support Hillary Clinton as a result. Would that mean Hillary is the candidate of the communities and Obama the candidate of the citizenship transcending communities ? Columbia welcomes two very good candidates anyway.

Speaking of politicians coming through town, I got some nice black and white photos of Air Force One at Columbia Metro back in 2003(?) when Dubya came to speak at USC's graduation. I even got in minor trouble with the airport police for sneaking around to get those pictures, and I can't find them anywhere! :cry:

Driving over the dam - sunset at Lake Murray.

dam025.jpg

I'm surprised the secret service didn't throw you in the slammer; they're known for that.

It's a bit disconcerting to learn that some Americans say "Obama is not black like me" and support Hillary Clinton as a result. Would that mean Hillary is the candidate of the communities and Obama the candidate of the citizenship transcending communities ? Columbia welcomes two very good candidates anyway.

Chtimi, I think it's only a small percentage of black people that have said that. I do believe that Obama can gain support across all ethnic groups, but I'm afraid his lack of experience may come into play at some point. I'm undecided as to who will gain my support at this time.

If Obama would wait until the next election he would be virtually unstoppable I think. Whats interesting about him is his ability to get people to see him for more than just a black guy. Past candidates couldn't seem to get past this. They seemed to be running in spite of everything rather than to support a real cause. His lack of experience relative to political heavywieghts like Hillary Clinton will probably bite him in the end. But hey you never know... people said Bush didn't have enough experience (remember when the word "gravitas" got thrown into the media hurricane? I thought I would never see the day when that word was gone) and be ended up winning.

In my view, Obama's lack of formal political experience may be a good thing. It means he isn't entrenched in the system and worries less about playing politics and more about bringing about real change.

I'll admit that I'm not really familiar with what Hillary has actually done while she's been senator, but at this point, in my eyes I don't see her as having an advantage over Obama. There are tons of politicians that have loads of experience but haven't done $#%&.

While I covering the Obama rally I did happen to listen in to his speaking style, and it was in short terms AMAZING he reminds me so much of Bill Clinton he just drew in the crowd and feed off it and had the old southern women like they were in church going YES!!! YES LORD!!!!! I mean i was truly impressed, I was really pulled for hillary but after hearing me Firday and her yesterday I truely feel he would be better for us, he was just amazing sorry to reuse that world but it turely the best way to describe it.

Can't really make anything out except lights...let's see it during the day. :)

...but that's what's so cool about it! The airport at night is far more beautiful than the airport by daylight. Well, the runways are more pretty. There is something about runway lights that makes me so excited. And I doubt I'll get that shot during the day, considering I wouldn't want to pull over on the side of the road during the heavy day traffic, plus doing so that close to the airport post-9/11 makes one look suspect. Maybe one day I'll try, though!

Kayakers at Saluda River last year:

saludariver032606012.jpg

Well, those are night shots for sure...

shots of what? I'm not really sure.

nah, I'm just kidding. I can't take a shot at night to save my life. Too much holding the camera still for me. But this whole college life of only having free time at night just doesn't lend itself to taking pictures during the day.