Landscape Supplies/Wholesalers

Charlotte_native

Other than Home Depot and Lowes, where are our landscaping supply places? Not for hardscape stuff, but plants, shrubs, trees...

There used to be a number of places in town where you had a huge selection, to me most notably Growers Outlet on South Blvd. Since it has gone and I've spent less time in the 'burbs, where are similar large nurseries?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Growers Outlet moved down south to Pinevegas. Still on South Blvd, on the right before hwy 51 I believe. Not cheap, but Campbell's at McDonald and South has a decent selection and helpful, knowledgeable folks.

I also like Norwood's out east on Albemarle Rd, and there's a nice nursery over off of Park South in the Southpark area - I think it's called Garden Secrets?

Growers Outlet moved down south to Pinevegas. Still on South Blvd, on the right before hwy 51 I believe. Not cheap, but Campbell's at McDonald and South has a decent selection and helpful, knowledgeable folks.

I also like Norwood's out east on Albemarle Rd, and there's a nice nursery over off of Park South in the Southpark area - I think it's called Garden Secrets?

There are a lot of nurseries outside of 485. Here at the Lake, there is Dearness Gardens on Hwy 115 in Huntersville and another nursery on 115 between Huntersville and Cornelius. If you are in the business, there is a huge nursery at the very end of W. Harris Blvd where it dead ends into Huntersville-Mt. Holly Rd. Some days they do open to the public. There is also a new growers outlet on highway 16 near Lucia. The hardware store in Cornelius sells high quality plants at cheaper prices than Lowes/Home Depot. If you like to ride, there is a marvelous seed and plant store in downtown Mooresville. This is one of those places where they still sell loose seed by the pound. Their plants are locally cultivated so I highly recommend it. Finally closer in to Charlotte there are two places that sell plants (mainly vegetables and flowers) on Hwy 115 between Harris Blvd and Huntersville. I think there is also a Greenhouse on that road too but I have not been to that location.

Archived