The Next Upcoming Part of Town

gusrock1414

I just wanted to get some people from the forum to opine on the next upcoming part of nashville in the next few years from an investment perspective. Granted we all know about east nashville and the condo units, but does everyone think about the best investment around nashville. I think the condo units are going to be tapped out on pricing until demand really catches up. I don't doubt the demand for people wanting to live downtown, but I do question the affordability at this juncture. I still like the green hills market and cool springs area with all the new development going around there but when does too much traffic start to hinder people wanting to live there? So anyone in the forum, what do you think?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My neighborhood, North Inglewood. We ain't seen nothin' yet. For instance, a little house across the street, sold out of foreclosure 5 months ago for a mere $53,000. Sold a month later for $90k, and with some pretty extensive reno, on the market now for $164k. Unbelieveable. I've gained an easy $100k in equity in just over 9 years. Gallatin Road in the vicinity of Briley going toward town a couple of miles is ripe, very ripe for investment. Something tells me I'm going to very glad I bought this house. I'm only 5.2 miles from downtown and get parked down there in under 10 minutes, or I can be in Rivergate in 7. Pretty convenient. My opinion, but I see it happening everyday.

I think you will continue to see a lot of investment in Nashville. The population is going to do nothing but become larger baring a natural disater that kills millions. The US is going to gain 100 million people over the next 20 years and many of those will be in the south. As the population increases so will the prices. No matter where you live here, I think you will gain equity and more is going to happen.

I actually think the older condos around brentwood and green hills are the place to make money. I own a condo in burton hills in green hills and its a very desirable neighborhood. Places there are only selling for 175-180 per sq. ft. The new ones going up are selling at least at 300 per sq ft plus and I just think in a good section of nashville, those older condos have room to run on pricing.

I hung out over in Edgehill Village this weekend and it was a great experience. That place seems a great place for infill investment and development. I'm not sure what the status is on scraping the public housing projects over near there, but the Edgehill neighborhood is very well located right in the middle of Belmont, Vanderbilt, Music Row and the Gulch. That's where my next housing dollars are going.

Dont forget about West Nashville. Sylvan Heights, Sylvan Park, and The Nations all have infill and renovation projects going on with Sylvan Heights leading the way. 10 years ago who would have thought they would be building 800,000k lofts in that neighborhood. Also on a side note I made a post a while back about the 2nd avenue neighborhood south of Layfette St. While driving through there the past couple of weeks ive noticed a few infill projects going up, along with a few renos. This area has great potential with its proximity to downtown.

Archived