Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skyline49er

Charlotte Hobby Stores

7 posts in this topic

My dad and I dusted off our old Lionel trian sets before Christmas and put up a new layout. I was just wondering if anybody knew of any hobby stores in and around the Charlotte area that you have been to and have had experience with. I know of hobbytown USA, but I want to know if there are any locally owned hobby stores that sell trians and equipment. Thanks in advance.

I don't know much about Charlotte itself, but Spencer has the Little Choo Choo Shop. Thats were I go for my model trains. It's on Main St. across from the NCTM.

You might try Hobbytown at Cheshire Place. This is where Sugar Creek dead ends into Harris Blvd. The road at that point used to be named Cheshire Rd, but a few years ago the city renamed it. I have heard they have model trains.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think that I need to go to Spencer and check out the choo choo shop, they seem to have alot of stuff, per their website.

Gaston Mall in Gastonia has John's Toy and Hobby

Check out the Hobby Stop in Rock Hill (right off of I-77 at Hwy 21). www.hobbystop.com

They are mainly focused on racing, but have full hobby supplies. They even have three tracks out back and have entire seasons of racing!

Here's a pic (there's a huge aerial on the site) airal85.jpg