Nevada Off Topic

MJLO

Ok so heres a thread for anything.

I have a Nevada related question, and didn't know where to put it, and didn't want to make a thread for a question so use this to shoot the stuff about anything.

With all of Vegas' growth. How is the traffic? Is the state of Nevada progressive in anticipating growth? Have the updated the roads and infrastructure to accomodate the population explosion? Are they planning for decades to come? I know here in the Valley of the Sun, they didn't plan near enough, and are about ten years behind in infrastructure and freeways. I've often wondered how it comepares to Vegas, experiencing the same expansion.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO I would say no. Take I-215 for instance. It will be jammed packed in 2-3 years time due to the rapid growth happening. I would like to see another east-west arterial north of craig road. It would reduce the traffic counts on that road and let 215 do what it was intended to do. That is to get commuters and thru traffic off of 15. Las Vegas is headed for a huge traffic jam soon and that is only half of the problems facing the Vegas valley.

I have a few days left before I go back to work and I hope to get started on some construction threads for all of these condo towers going up. However the weather has been a little chilly here and I don't do cold that well...

I do have a question about water conservation. Is it true that in Arizona they pay you to have a rock lawn or something?

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 13 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...