West Warwick Riverwalk project

mental757

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really looking forward to this. The next mill down the Pawtuxet is Crompton, and though it won't be on the Riverwalk (at least not for now), the mill site is scheduled for redevelopment this year (by Struever Bros) with a lot of plans for the waterfront. So the South branch of the river should really be coming alive. Wonderful news for an area that deserves it.

I'm really looking forward to this. The next mill down the Pawtuxet is Crompton, and though it won't be on the Riverwalk (at least not for now), the mill site is scheduled for redevelopment this year (by Struever Bros) with a lot of plans for the waterfront. So the South branch of the river should really be coming alive. Wonderful news for an area that deserves it.

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard a lot about this RiverWalk project but how close is it to being completed and how far can you travel on it? Does it go from or to anywhere interesting?

I'm actually really considering living in a loft at the Royal Mills. It seems nice with pretty decent amenities but how is the area? Is it really isolated? I would be commuting to Providence. I'd love to get some input especially from someone who actually lives there now.

Thanks.

I don't live there but have relatives in the immediate area. I also grew up in WW. It's close to Arctic ('downtown' WW) which has the basics - Jerry's market, pharmacies, post office, banks, the registry, 2 reliable chinese restaurants (House of WU and Hong Kong), and my favorite = Que Pasa (formerly 'Mr. Taco'), Wescott Pizza is good and there is a Domino's within delivery range, Joann's bakery is a long time favorite as well. RIPTA also runs by the Mill and Arctic. Its only a few miles from route 2 which has just about any retail store you can think of. Your commute (if by car) will take you down Providence Street (Dunkin Donuts right down the street) to Route 2, where you can pick up 95N at RI Mall.

There is a school across the street as well as some ball fields and open space (Riverpoint Park) for recreation. There is also a convenience store across the street too. I believe the development will have it's own variety store and cafe at some point too.

Bowling and Golf courses are also not far by car.

Let me know what you are looking for as far the area and I can help - I know WW and Coventry inside and out!

mental757 thanks for the input

I'm coming from a downtown area and am considering moving to an area with a slower pace in exchange for safety, a newer apartment with a good value, and a bit of peace and quiet. I would like to be at least close to some pubs though. Are there any good pubs in the warwick, ww, coventry or greenwich area or would I have to go all the way to providence for that sort of stuff? What is downtown greenwich like?

I heard that the Royal Mills may have a pub/restaurant right on site. Any idea if that is true?

I appreciate your insight.

I'm coming from a downtown area and am considering moving to an area with a slower pace in exchange for safety, a newer apartment with a good value, and a bit of peace and quiet. I would like to be at least close to some pubs though. Are there any good pubs in the warwick, ww, coventry or greenwich area or would I have to go all the way to providence for that sort of stuff? What is downtown greenwich like?

I heard that the Royal Mills may have a pub/restaurant right on site. Any idea if that is true?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I came up from Miami to attend this and it was just amazing. I was expecting something nice, but what they've done there, both the walkway and the mill rehabs, went beyond my expectations. I had seeen the Providence St side of the Royal Mill and all the work that had been done there, but that didn't prepare me for how nice (and how big!) it looked from the back. The Waterfire event was great, defintely around 3,000 or so people and incredible energy in the air. I'd highly recommend anyone even vaguely interested in this project go to West Warwick and check out the Riverwalk and the work that has been done on the Royal Mill complex.

Archived