Jan. '07 Forum Meet IS ON!

Lexy

Well, the meeting is still on next Saturday for the forum. I encourage everyone that participates on this forum to come out and enjoy an hour or two of discussion and debate. We will be meeting at Provence in the Library downtown around 10:30 am Saturday morning. Parking is plentiful and quite easy to find. Both my wife and myself, along with William Williams, and others will be there. Discussion will focus on what to expect in the new year here in the metro. I realize that the last couple of meetings have been sparsely attended, so I want to get the word out NOW about this next weekend. In the past, this meeting has provided us insight into the inner workings of Tony Girrantana and the Metro Zoning Board just to name a couple. Next weekends meeting should be no let down either in the information department. So make plans and head that way Saturday, January 6th @ 10:30am, Provence in the Nashville Library downtown. I'll see you there!!!

Michael

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone send me a message on what all yall talk about. I feel like a cat gettin wet in the rain lookin in, but just not in the house, this sucks. :cry: Hopefully I can make it to one in the summer or something. Yall just fill me in on everything, message me if you want, hell if you got info packets or something, message me and I'll give you my address. Yall have a good forum meetin and I'll see ya at the least on the forum. :thumbsup:

I will let Lexy do the recap of the meet. I ended up working through most of the morning and was only able to be there a very short time. I do know we had about 10 people there. Remember this is every month on the forst Saturday of the month.

We did go to the Encore sales office and find out which unit William bought. Ofcourse it overlooks the pool. Forum meet there when completed. We invited ourselves. :alc:

I will let Lexy do the recap of the meet. I ended up working through most of the morning and was only able to be there a very short time. I do know we had about 10 people there. Remember this is every month on the forst Saturday of the month.

We did go to the Encore sales office and find out which unit William bought. Ofcourse it overlooks the pool. Forum meet there when completed. We invited ourselves. :alc:

Well we had William, Doormanpoet, Dave, Smeaglosfree, myself, my wife Casey, Nashville Bound, Skyscrapergeek, and Tom Campion in attendance. If I left anyone out, please let me know. We had a very informative and enlightening discussion with the lawyer representing the developers of the Westin on lower Broadway (among other things) and let me say, he was a very pleasant guest to have. Answered a ton of our question (that he could answer) and was very receptive to our comments. It was truely a pleasure to have him and we hope that he can make another visit with us at some point in the future. After his visit we just primarily discussed some current and future projects (the twin 17 storey towers in midtown) and their probablity or feasibility. The guys, minus myself and Casey, then went for walk around downtown. They will have to fill you in on that. LOL!!

Feel free to add anything I may have left out.

If the Weston is approve next month, they will have demolition complete by October and work will have started then.

SunTrust is six levels up with 7 more to go. The demolition lot that Dave brought to our attention was at 2nd and Lea.

There was core drilling equipment at the Crown building site and the parking lot was closed. Work continues at the building renovation on the corner of 2nd and Demonbreun. A tour of the Encore sales office. I had to leave after that.

If the Weston is approve next month, they will have demolition complete by October and work will have started then.

SunTrust is six levels up with 7 more to go. The demolition lot that Dave brought to our attention was at 2nd and Lea.

There was core drilling equipment at the Crown building site and the parking lot was closed. Work continues at the building renovation on the corner of 2nd and Demonbreun. A tour of the Encore sales office. I had to leave after that.

Archived