Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

randy4au

Random Birmingham Pics, Part 2

12 posts in this topic

Bristol Southside

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

The soon-to-be-demolished Parliament House hotel

original.jpg

Pullman Flats

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Seaboard Yard

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Athens Flatts (why can't they spell "Flats" correctly?)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Social Security Building

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

THE END

there y'go; that's why i love birmingham. should be required viewing for anyone who says he doesn't. these really feel like bham. much congrats and thanks.

the logos on those skyscrapers are hard to get used to. surely the regions one is temp...it's hideous. i'm waiting for the day a company uses restraint and just doesn't put their ugly-ass logo out there on the top of their building. it just makes the visual changes (when a place is bought / sold) more unsettling.

those busted-ass tracks are great. never seen those; i'll have something to hunt for now!

great all around. makes me want to jump in the car and head down I-65.

Outstanding threads. Did you per chance, randy, get any shots of the Melaver/Federal Reserve site? I understand if you didn't... just curious. Athens Flatts looks like it's really going to be cool. And I love the shots of City Federal down that avenue there.

Thanks convulso and Blazer85!

convulso, you can find those tracks in the middle of 1st Avenue South to the east of 20th Street.

Blazer85, I didn't go by the Melaver site. Didn't think anything had started there yet (but I could be wrong).

Like I said, I prefer this more than the others because it shows all the new condominum developments in the region. Too bad I'm not in Birmingham right now to see this new development. Randy, have they started to convert the old warehouses on 4th Avenue across from University of Alabama Health Services Foundation (UAHSF) building?

Randy, have they started to convert the old warehouses on 4th Avenue across from University of Alabama Health Services Foundation (UAHSF) building?

Great photos Randy!! Love to see photos of home! :wub:

On the Bristol, I'm trying to remember what was in this block. Was this where Michael's restaurant used to be? They look great! :thumbsup:

Any new lofts or activity around Pepper Place?

Great photos Randy!! Love to see photos of home! :wub:

On the Bristol, I'm trying to remember what was in this block. Was this where Michael's restaurant used to be? They look great! :thumbsup:

Any new lofts or activity around Pepper Place?

Thanks gsupstate! Tom Williams Buick used to be where Bristol Southside is now (there's a Pizza Hut where Michael's used to be at the opposite end of the same block). Seaboard Yard (photographs above) is one block north of Pepper Place.

I slept on Birmingham for a while but now it's amazing how fast it's blossoming.

Great pics, Randy! Those projects are now complete but there are more good things happening around downtown. Thanks for posting, Randy.