Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

randy4au

Random Birmingham Pics, Part 1

19 posts in this topic

Hello everyone. I'm returning to this forum after a 2-year hiatus. My usual haunt is offline today, so I thought I'd give this place a try once more. It's certainly a lot more active than when I originally joined.

On Thursday, I decided to get out and check on the progress of various construction projects in and around the CBD. I also shot some random pics along the way. Enjoy!

Steep descent on Pawnee Avenue

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Capri

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

2600 Highland

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Highland Park

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Highland Crescent

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Highland Avenue in Five Points South

original.jpg

original.jpg

St. Vincent's Hospital - my second son will be born here in a few weeks :)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Abbey Road

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Legion Field and Birmingham Southern College in the distance

original.jpg

Click HERE to continue to Part 2

Thanks, Lexy, but you jumped the gun (wasn't through posting pics yet). ;)

I had to break everything up into groups of 25 or less.

Thanks, Lexy, but you jumped the gun (wasn't through posting pics yet). ;)

I had to break everything up into groups of 25 or less.

Awesome pics Randy :thumbsup:

I do like the Capri tower; however, it would look much better along 1st Avenue South along the Railroad Reservation Park IMHO. Can't believe 2600 is FINALLY under construction!!!

Hopefully this weather will clear so I can go out and get some myself this week :unsure:

Thanks Chris!

Yeah, Lexy, it's annoying for sure. I guess you saw "Part 2" earlier when there were no pics in it. I always post backwards when doing a multi-part series so they will start off in numerical order (i.e., with Part 1 listed first), so it really looked dumb to have an empty Part 2 thread and no Part 1 posted yet...LOL! Glad I was able to quickly find the answer about how many pics you can post at a time to get everything straightened out. :)

And don't forget to check out Part 2. There are pics in it now. :)

ahhh, great!

some of those in highland, especially around caldwell (or is it rhodes - i always forget...) pk, were just about in my former backyard (used to live about a block up the hill from the lakeview chevron). i kept seeing different places in many of those shots and thinking, 'i know who lives there, and there, and...'

the vistas from the money-shot vulcan park location are some of the best i've seen, especially the perspectives with the cliff-hanger apartment houses in the foreground. much praise.

i need to run by that 2625 kingsridge bldg again and settle once and for all the ongoing useless question in my mind about whether the facade is made of layered molded cement, or of wood. i had forgotten i cared until i saw the pic...thanks a lot! anyone know the answer off the top of his head?

Great pics, randy. I hadn't heard anything about that Abbey Road development, but those look like they'll be nice.

Thanks convulso and Blazer85!

convulso, the park I photographed is Caldwell Park--the one closest to Red Mountain Expressway (I always get Caldwell and Rhodes mixed up too). Actually, the "money shots" were taken from along 20th Street (well actually, it's 21st Street, err Richard Arrington Blvd, but to me it should be 20th Street). I parked in the lot for the Vulcan Trail (just downhill from Vulcan) to walk down the street to shoot pics of Abbey Road and shot pics of the skyline and neighborhoods below along the way.

Excellent pictures. Birmingham has great bones. I love the varied elevations. I can see many excellent investment opportunites there.

Thanks, Randy! I appreciate an updated look on the area since I am in Oxford interning until May. I hope I can get up there to see the construction of the new federal building before it is complete. It is a very impressive look upon what is going down with all the new "flats' developments on the Southside.

Excellent pictures. Birmingham has great bones. I love the varied elevations. I can see many excellent investment opportunites there.

Thanks Leonard23!

BTW, is anyone looking at Part 2? Judging from the lack of replies, I'm beginning to wonder.

Thanks Leonard23!

BTW, is anyone looking at Part 2? Judging from the lack of replies, I'm beginning to wonder.

Thanks Leonard23!

i enoyed both your posts and left comments on each. i think many probably left one comment after viewing both threads, since they're really stitched together to make a single long one. it is strange that one thread has twice the view hits as the other, though.

I just saw these two threads for the first time today and wanted to give them a well-deserved bump. Fantastic pics, Randy!