byrde

Baton Rouge Restaurants

415 posts in this topic

What are your favorite Restaurants in the area? Also, what are some of the places you'd like to see come to town?

Sammys on Highland, Superior Grill on Government, T.J. Ribs on Acadian, and the Chimes on Chimes street.

I know that is a lot, but I BR has a lot of good restaurants.

Whatever happened to Chalet Brandt? I suppose it's gone now, but it used to be a terrific restaurant.

Whatever happened to Chalet Brandt? I suppose it's gone now, but it used to be a terrific restaurant.

Don't know the history behind Chalet Brandt. Never had a chance to eat there.

Have you guys been to Byronz on Government between Jefferson and Foster? The food is good and they have a nice patio to eat out side on nice fall and spring afternoons.

Is the Baton Rouge spinoff of Galatoire's doing well? I always love visiting the original in New Orleans. I'm curious if the new location is anything like its parent.

Edited by tombarnes

Galatoires in BR is doing well. I've been there a couple of times and the food is just as good as N.O. From what I understand, they have done some expansion work.

Nice topic Byrde :thumbsup:

I know that is a lot, but I BR has a lot of good restaurants.

You are sure right, there are alot of good restaurants in Baton Rouge; definetly no shortage.

Buddy's seafood; Carrabbas; Portobello's; Semolina's; Olive Garden; Times Grill; Brewbachers; Wing Stop; Raising Cane's....is that enough??

Chicago's on Government Street was a nice upscale restuarant that recently closed.

Chicago's on Government Street was a nice upscale restuarant that recently closed.

What happened to Chicago's??? I really liked that place. One of the best Ribeye's in town.

It's always hard for me to make up my mind when it comes to finding my favorites of something, but I can definetly say I like Raising Canes and Chimes.

The Chimes on Highland Road? That sure brings back memories. Is Louie's still there? They used to have fantastic breakfasts.

Is Louie's still there?
Yes, it's still there.

What happened to Chicago's???

It was being sold; I'm not sure when they are closing? I'll have to check that out.

Has anyone been to the Little Village Downtown on Lafayette Street? How is the food?

What restaurant is going in at the corner of 3rd and Florida St under the Coca-Cola sign?

Fleur de lis! Great local place to have a beer and some mouth-watering pizza.

Fleur de lis! Great local place to have a beer and some mouth-watering pizza.

I would have to agree with you on that one. A good hole in da wall.

Ninfa's, DeAngelo's, and Cane's

Nuff said ;)

DeAngelo's

I knew I forgot one. Been to DeAngelo's more than anywhere else besides Subway :lol: DeAngelo's started in Baton Rouge and has expanded into places like Gulf Shores AL, and in Colorado too. That homemade pizza with extra tomato sauce is hard to beat!

Edited by richyb83

That homemade pizza with extra tomato sauce is hard to beat!

Yes Sir :thumbsup:

I had lunch at the Jefferson Hwy location last week. Love the Pizza and Calzone's @ Deangelo's. I'm aslo a big fan of the Louisiana Pizza Kitchen.

Did you guys see the number Boutin's Commercials that ran during the Sugar Bowl and the Pregame show on Fox 44? Good move by the folks at Boutin's.

I like Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro, Rotolo's on Coursey, and Parrain's.

I'd like to see the Texas Pappa places here, Pappasito's especially.

I like Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro, Rotolo's on Coursey, and Parrain's.

I'd like to see the Texas Pappa places here, Pappasito's especially.

Parrain's is another good one. I'm not a big fan of Mexican food, but for those that like it, you can't go wrong with Pappasito's.

I know you LOVE that Creme Caramel, no whip cream. Add a praline on top. ;)

There's a place over in Town Center called Zoe's. Has anyone been there? What's the food like?

LaCaretta's on Government near Westmoreland is an excellent authenic Mexican restaurant, a BR spin-off of the original over in Hammond.

LaCaretta's on Government near Westmoreland is an excellent authenic Mexican restaurant, a BR spin-off of the original over in Hammond.

There is a LaCaretta in Texarkana as well. I wonder if this is all part of the same chain?