Baton Rouge Restaurants

byrde

Deano's Pizza is a Cajun thing from Lafayette. Thye Baton Rouge location right off LSU is doing very well.

LaCaretta's is great, Superior grill is amazing, but neither has anything on a certain restarant in Lafayette....I haven't been in years, but there is a restarant called LaFonda's on Johnston Street (not related in anyway to the crappy LaFonda's in Baton Rouge) that served the best Mexican food I have ever had. It's not a chain, and the owner doesn't want to move anywhere. Great Margarita's, too.

I kind of wish they'd open a location in Baton Rouge. If you like Mexican food, you'll love this place. It's more formal than Superior or LaCaretta's, but it get's crowded quickly just like them.

BTW...how come there is no Lafayette thread? River Ranch on Camillia street is what developers (it inspired Willow Grove and many other TNDs) come from all over the country to tour. Lots of money there, too. While I wish ULL would not be so hostile towards LSU, it's got a great computer science program without that stupid flagship agenda BS. Lafayette is a nice town. We need more discussion on it.

Edited by brresident

Deano's Pizza is a Cajun thing from Lafayette. Thye Baton Rouge location right off LSU is doing very well.

I've been to the Deano's in Lafayette and did not know they had a location near LSU. Where near the campus is it located? I'll have to pay them a visit.

Serranos opening Lafayette site, eying 2nd B.R. spot

Serranos Salsa Company will open a Lafayette restaurant in mid-April and is in talks to build a second Baton Rouge location on Corporate Boulevard. Sean Malone, who co-owns Serranos, says plans are to open the Lafayette restaurant at the corner of Johnston Street and Doucet about two weeks before Cinco de Mayo. "April is a good time to open a restaurant," Malone says. "You're past the cold weather, and people have finished paying off their credit card bills from Christmas, so you have a good eight months to do business in."

http://www.daily-report.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Another Broken Egg Cafe coming to B.R

A well known Mandeville-based restaurant chain is set to open its first Baton Rouge location this spring. Another Broken Egg Cafe has signed a lease to move into the space that had been occupied by the Village Restaurant, at the corner of O'Neal Lane and George O'Neal Road.

http://www.businessreport.com/newsDetail.c...0842&cid=20

Whatever happened to Chalet Brandt? I suppose it's gone now, but it used to be a terrific restaurant.

I used to work there back in 1999. The place just went down hill and disapperared, but on a better note Papa Murphy's (take & bake) pizza is coming to Baton Rouge. I think this is the 1st one in the area. Bluebonnet & Perkins. Affordable pizza and good too!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone here ever eat at Zea Rotisserie in New Orleans or Lafayette? They are going to build a location here in BR.

Towne Center details growth

By ELLYN COUVILLION

Advocate business writer

Published: Mar 3, 2007

Stephen Keller, developer of the Towne Center, outlined on Friday the next wave of retail construction at the mixed-use development on Corporate Boulevard at Jefferson Highway that will include a Banana Republic clothing store and Zea Rotisserie & Grill.

Banana Republic is being built on a 6,000-square-foot outparcel across from the Kirkland

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know any good restaurants downtown?

What do you mean by good? You looking for a nice place for lunch or a restaurant for evenings?

(lunch)

Jobe's Cafe on North Blvd has a tasty buffet, 7 bucks and this includes the drink.

China House on 3rd, buffet too, 7.25, get there early or the food is skimpy.

Those are the only 2 I will name here, good luck on that DT restaurant hunt.

What do you mean by good? You looking for a nice place for lunch or a restaurant for evenings?

(lunch)

Jobe's Cafe on North Blvd has a tasty buffet, 7 bucks and this includes the drink.

China House on 3rd, buffet too, 7.25, get there early or the food is skimpy.

Those are the only 2 I will name here, good luck on that DT restaurant hunt.

Capital City Grill at the Shaw Center is good for the dinner or lunch. Harrington's is a good lunch spot. I also enjoy eating at Downtown Seafood when I'm downtown for lunch.

Edited by byrde

Capital City Grill at the Shaw Center is good for the dinner or lunch. Harrington's is a good lunch spot. I also enjoy eating at Downtown Seafood when I'm downtown for lunch.

The ladies at work says Harrington's have some good hamburgers, but the place is always crowded.

What happened to Smokey Bones on Siegen? I passed there this morning and their signs are all covered.

Apparently it just closed on Friday.

Smokey Bones closes

The Smokey Bones barbecue restaurant on Siegen Lane has closed after the chain's owner decided to sell the chain. Darden Restaurants, which owns Smokey Bones, shut down 54 restaurants Friday night, including all of its locations in the South. The company plans to sell the remaining 73 Smokey Bones locations, which are now along the East Coast and Midwest. Restaurant experts who spoke to The Orlando Sentinel say Smokey Bones never really took off because barbecue fans weren't interested in eating at a chain that didn't cater to regional tastes.

www.businessreport.com

Schlittz & Giggles Pizza joint coming to downtown BR. Hours from 11:00a.m. to 4:00a.m. Located on Third Street and Florida Street at the former Mortorano's across from the retro Coca-Cola sign. Could open as early as June 1st. "Silly name, serious pizza"

Wow not many places open til 4:00a.m. Interesting!

Edited by richyb83

Schlittz & Giggles Pizza joint coming to downtown BR. Hours from 11:00a.m. to 4:00a.m. Located on Third Street and Florida Street at the former Mortorano's across from the retro Coca-Cola sign. Could open as early as June 1st. "Silly name, serious pizza"

Interesting....

Kona Grill, an Arizona-based chain that specializes in American and Asian fare, including sushi, plans to open in Baton Rouge later this year -- its first store in Louisiana.

That looks like a really cool place. Being named Kona, however, I wouldn't expect Asian food. That's also an impressive list of cities to which Baton Rouge is being added...

What? What time do the nightclubs close? I could see if the clubs stay open until about 3 am... they're probably getting that "I'm drunk and now I'm hungry" crowd. :D

Nightclubs here close at 6 am, but NOTHING downtown is open at that hour I don't believe.