Baton Rouge Restaurants

byrde

Week nights, would be rather slow, but they would do booming business during lunch rush and weekend nights.

I'd highly suggest putting one near the interstate...like on Nicholson or Highland right under the freeway. I guess the McDonald's location on Government is extremely popular, too...so that area is also a safe bet.

New Italian restaurant comes to Mall of Louisiana: Bravo! Cucina Italiana will open its first Baton Rouge location Monday in The Boulevard, the Mall of Louisiana's open-air expansion. The chain has more than 70 locations, including one in Metairie.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/dai...008/jun/24/559/

http://www.bravoitalian.com/

You've got that right. Many of these places are restaurant chains I see when I travel across country. Now we have this stuff right in my back yard. I'd like to see a couple other chains make there way to S. Louisiana. In-N-Out Burger would do well with locations near LSU, BRCC and SU. One in Lafayette near UL would be a good fit. Boston Market is another chain that would do well here.

That would be cool nquint1 :thumbsup: Is the Taco Bell over there anymore??

Bryde, never heard of the In-N-Out Burger before. I sure it would work well around those schools. When I went to a Boston Market in DFW; I always thought one should come to BR.

Times Grill has good burgers IMO w/ two locations (Essen and Jones Creek near Coursey); Brewbachers are good too though I get the chicken strips. I wish "Fuddruckers" would come back to BR; the old one on Corporate Blvd. was poorly managed. The burgers are good; but the lemon-pepper grilled chicken sandwich was the best! We go out our way to eat there when on vacations.

Edited by richyb83

You've got that right. Many of these places are restaurant chains I see when I travel across country. Now we have this stuff right in my back yard. I'd like to see a couple other chains make there way to S. Louisiana. In-N-Out Burger would do well with locations near LSU, BRCC and SU. One in Lafayette near UL would be a good fit. Boston Market is another chain that would do well here.

Steak and Shake.

Taco Cabana is better than Taco Bell, but it's no match for Izzo's or even Moe's.

Beck's is pretty good too. Those are in Houston, but it's kind of expensive for the college areas.

If I had the money and the time, I'd buy a Steak and Shake franchise and open one up on Siegen Lane or maybe Burbank Drive.

Another good franchise that Baton Rouge doesn't have a lot of is Whataburger. I think it's better than Jack in the Box or Burger King. Firehouse Subs is also a favorite of mine. I am thinking about driving over right now and buying the "hook and ladder' turkey sandwich.

I think Baton Rouge, if anything, could use more healthy food outlets, but I can't think of any. I spend most of my time in the South...so most of the "healthy food" is home prepared. I think everything is fried in Louisiana's restarants. I actually ate a fried Oreo at a truck stop in Morgan City once. Think about our favorite roadside stops....truck stops

It was really good, but I just don't know how people can survive if they eat nothing but fried seafood, burgers, and the traditional "American" breakfast (steak, eggs, biscuits n gravy)....Truckers must all be 400 lbs.

We can use some healthy fast food joints around (and I don't mean that west coast food like tofu or a menu full of plants).

Edited by cajun

Not to throw water on Five Guys, but their quality has declined significantly in the past year or so. The burgers are good, but they are too thin and they will not cook them any way other than well done. the potatoes they use for the fries are great, but here again they tend to saturate them in oil. I used to visit one around the corner, but the quality has declined to the point that they have been scratched off my list. I think you guys could do better in BR than Five Guys.

Beck's is pretty good too. Those are in Houston, but it's kind of expensive for the college areas.

If I had the money and the time, I'd buy a Steak and Shake franchise and open one up on Siegen Lane or maybe Burbank Drive.

Another good franchise that Baton Rouge doesn't have a lot of is Whataburger. I think it's better than Jack in the Box or Burger King. Firehouse Subs is also a favorite of mine. I am thinking about driving over right now and buying the "hook and ladder' turkey sandwich.

I think Baton Rouge, if anything, could use more healthy food outlets, but I can't think of any. I spend most of my time in the South...so most of the "healthy food" is home prepared. I think everything is fried in Louisiana's restarants. I actually ate a fried Oreo at a truck stop in Morgan City once. Think about our favorite roadside stops....truck stops

It was really good, but I just don't know how people can survive if they eat nothing but fried seafood, burgers, and the traditional "American" breakfast (steak, eggs, biscuits n gravy)....Truckers must all be 400 lbs.

We can use some healthy fast food joints around (and I don't mean that west coast food like tofu or a menu full of plants).

Fast food and healthy food tend not to go together. Only one I can think of right off outside of the Subway types is Boston Market.

Cajun, BR does have at Whataburger on Siegen between I-10 and Industrialplex.

Even McDonald's is getting on the healthy bandwagon.

I wonder why there is only one whataburger in BR. It looks like they get good business. Im suprised they haven't opened a couple new locations.

They have not opened yet.

You'll like it, I bet. Gauchos roam around with skewers of meats. If you want more, you flip a green card; red, if you want to be passed by. And there's a salad bar that is beyond belief! Worth every penny, but a place few can afford to visit on a regular basis. :alc:

Went to BJ's Brewhouse in The Blvd for lunch today. They are new and were short staffed today so the service was not the greatest. I know finding good people can be tough right now. (unemployment statewide is 4.0%. I heard it was around 3.5% in the BR Area) The food was very good. Had a halfpound burger and I couldn't finish it. I'll be going back after hours soon to sample the microbrews.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

I may be the only person on here who desperately wants a Chipotle restaurant in BR, but i thought I'd post this.

I e-mailed Chipotle and told them they need to get here quick. Noting that BR is rapidly expanding and would make the perfect market for them. Here was their response

Dear BRPJ:

Thanks for the Burrito Love! I wish I could tell you we had Baton Rouge on the drawing board for expansion, but unfortunately we don't at this time. However, I will pass your email on to our real estate people in the South for consideration.

Our real estate people are aware of the potential there; it's just a matter of not growing too quickly into new markets before current ones are completed.

Also, our new locations depend on a ton of factors including daytime and nighttime traffic flow, demographics, price of building, liquor licenses, parking, availability, and so on. Once all the criteria are met, then we can start thinking about plopping down a Chipotle in that area. If you're really interested, check out our trade and site guidelines which are listed under the Development page of our website.

Sincerely,

George Seno

Department of Gripes and Happiness

Chipotle

<_<

Edited by BRPJ

Went to BJ's Brewhouse in The Blvd for lunch today. They are new and were short staffed today so the service was not the greatest. I know finding good people can be tough right now. (unemployment statewide is 4.0%. I heard it was around 3.5% in the BR Area) The food was very good. Had a halfpound burger and I couldn't finish it. I'll be going back after hours soon to sample the microbrews.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/

I love Bj's. Their stuffed bake potatoes are delicious. Those things are huge and packed with flavor. I like the variety of beers they serve there too.