Baton Rouge Restaurants

byrde

Downtown Dining

If anything were to prove that downtown Baton Rouge is grooving right along in the progress and revitalization department, its abundance of outstanding dining establishments might well be it. "

People come here to soak up the excitement of the downtown experience and check out the street life. It's the best place to experience the real Baton Rouge."

Rhorer also said two new restaurants are expected to open soon. Schlitzz & Giggles, at the corner of Florida and Third Street, will make its debut in November serving handmade pizza and salads and will be open seven days a week for both lunch and dinner.

Set to open in six to eight months is Stroube's Chop House, an upscale steak house managed by the same folks who run the popular Capital City Grill. It'll be on the corner of Third Street and North Blvd., and will open for both lunch and dinner.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/features/food/10647066.html

*Nice list at bottom of article

Schlitzz & Giggles is going to rock! Can't wait to check it out.

How you been Richy? Email me if you get a chance, I have a question for you. Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yet another New Orleans restaurant opening in BR.

Acme Oyster House coming to Perkins Road

Acme Oyster House, the legendary New Orleans seafood restaurant, is scheduled to open its first Baton Rouge location next summer as part of the redeveloped Acadian Village Shopping Center. The restaurant has signed a deal to build a 6,000-square-foot restaurant in the center, between a gas station and Elio Marcello's Wine Warehouse, says Mukul Verma, a spokesman for the Baton Rouge Area Foundation. Commercial Properties Realty Trust, the foundation's for-profit arm, owns Acadian Village. Plans are for Acme to open in time for back-to-school to catch the LSU football crowd. This is the fifth location for Acme, which has restaurants in Metairie, Covington and Sandestin, Fla., along with its original French Quarter spot. Acme had been looking at opening a Baton Rouge restaurant for a while and had considered going into downtown. Commercial Properties plans to turn Acadian Village, once the home of the Perkins Road Wal-Mart, into a mixed use, pedestrian-friendly development with stores, restaurants and housing. The company is in talks with more regional restaurants, Verma says. --Timothy Boone

I was wondering when Acme would finally set up a location in Baton Rouge. After they expanded into Metairie and then onto the northshore in Covington and Mandeville, it was only a matter of time before they headed that way. Sorry to hear it won't be downtown, however, as a big SE Louisiana name like Acme could draw plenty of people to downtown BR. Where exactly is the Acadian Village Shopping Center?

I was wondering when Acme would finally set up a location in Baton Rouge. After they expanded into Metairie and then onto the northshore in Covington and Mandeville, it was only a matter of time before they headed that way. Sorry to hear it won't be downtown, however, as a big SE Louisiana name like Acme could draw plenty of people to downtown BR. Where exactly is the Acadian Village Shopping Center?

comming from New Orleans ...the exit after u pass college drive....close to the Outback And the other stake house...it's pretty close to downtown..but not downtown

• 2 weeks later...

Voo Doo Grill names BR-area, Hammond franchises

By ADVOCATE BUSINESS STAFF

Published: Dec 12, 2007

Voo Doo BBQ & Grill announced that it sold its first set of franchises in the Denham Springs, Prairieville, Gonzales and Hammond areas.

Brandon Hicks has purchased franchise rights in the Denham Springs market. Development plans are scheduled for 2008 and the restaurant is slated to open mid-2008.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/12418156.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I will eat Japanese food, but I'm not sure about the name of this place.... :dontknow:

Lafayette restaurant moving to Baton Rouge

Brandon Lee, who owns the popular Tokyo Live restaurant in Lafayette, has signed a deal to lease the O'Henry's building on Coursey Boulevard for a new Asian restaurant. Plans are to call the restaurant Raw Addiction, says Chad Ortte, an agent with Donnie Jarreau Real Estate, who represented Lee in the deal. Lee hopes to open Raw Addiction in the next few months, and he's looking at opening more restaurants in Baton Rouge.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/dai...008/jan/23/427/

Schlittz & Giggles, Zea set openings

Schlittz & Giggles, a new Third Street restaurant offering pizza, paninis and salads, will open Thursday, Jan. 31, co-owner Jack Warner says. The restaurant is holding employee orientation today, and will hold soft openings Monday through Wednesday. Warner expects the restaurant to begin delivering in the downtown area in the next six to nine months. Meanwhile, Zea Rotisserie & Grill is scheduled to open in Towne Center at Cedar Lodge sometime after Valentine's Day.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/dai...008/jan/24/428/

Del Taco to enter B.R. market

"A deal has been signed to build 12 Del Taco restaurants in metro Baton Rouge over the next several years. Sagittarius Brands, Del Taco's California-based parent company, says it has reached agreements with franchisees to build 77 locations, most of them in the South. Del Taco has more than 500 locations on the West Coast and in the Midwest. The restaurants specialize in tacos (naturally), burritos, quesadillas and burgers. Sagittarius also owns the Captain D's seafood chain."

• 2 weeks later...

I ate at Kona Grill for the first time last night and I am not sure if I will be going back. The service was horrible and it took us 30 minutes to get refills and over an hour to get our food. We spoke to the manager who came and apologized, his excuse was that the servers were socializing in the back, yet he didnt offer us the usual damage control manuver and offer us free dessert. So we left kind of indifferent towards the place. But I will have to say that the atmopshere was great, and it is probably the coolest looking resturant in BR. They have glass sliding doors (kind of like a garage door) that open and it make the whole resturant open to the outside courtyard, it was a really cool idea.

I ate at Kona Grill for the first time last night and I am not sure if I will be going back. The service was horrible and it took us 30 minutes to get refills and over an hour to get our food. We spoke to the manager who came and apologized, his excuse was that the servers were socializing in the back, yet he didnt offer us the usual damage control manuver and offer us free dessert. So we left kind of indifferent towards the place. But I will have to say that the atmopshere was great, and it is probably the coolest looking resturant in BR. They have glass sliding doors (kind of like a garage door) that open and it make the whole resturant open to the outside courtyard, it was a really cool idea.

Interesting.

What did you think of the food? A friend of mine works in Perkins Rowe and she tells me the food is good.

Interesting.

What did you think of the food? A friend of mine works in Perkins Rowe and she tells me the food is good.

um, the food was okay. The menu was very limited. No one I was with was impressed by the sushi and my Pad Thai Noodle dish was pretty good, but nothing special. Everything to me kind of had that generic taste of Copelands Cheesecake Bistro, where everything no matter what you get is going to taste the exact same. But I would still recommend trying Kona Grill and see what you think. I am sure I will go back there, but I think its kind of like Tsunamis or Hooters, you dont go for the food, you go for the atmosphere, lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This look so much better than a Lone Star. I'm sorry for all the Lone Star fans out there, but their food is blah. :sick:

"A popular Mexican restaurant in Lafayette has purchased the Lone Star Steakhouse & Saloon building on Acadian Thruway just south of Interstate 10. Coyote Blues paid $2.1 million for the Lone Star site, which has been vacant since it was damaged by a fire earlier this year. Braxton Moody IV, who owns Coyote Blues, says plans are to demolish the property and build a new location from the ground up. Moody, who opened the Outback Steakhouse across Acadian, says he would like to open Coyote Blues in time for LSU football season. "This is a good time to be moving into Baton Rouge," he says. "The major chains are pulling back, but we're blessed with the recovery and $118 a barrel oil." Coyote Blues, which will turn 5 years old this month, has won several Times of Acadiana magazine polls as Lafayette's best Mexican restaurant. A Baton Rouge location has been in the works for more than a year. "We think we've hit on a unique concept, fresh Mex with a Louisiana fusion and mesquite burning grills," Moody says."

Home-page.jpg

• 1 month later...

Two Perkins Rowe restaurants opening in August

The Grillroom, a Chicago-based chophouse and wine bar, is scheduled to open in Perkins Rowe at the beginning of August. Paul Carlson, Perkins Rowe general manager, says the exterior is finished and construction is about 30% complete. The upscale steakhouse takes up 7,000 square feet and shares a building behind Barnes and Noble with California Pizza Kitchen, which is also opening in August.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/dai...008/jun/17/553/

Airports could be Cane's next move

A Raising Cane's official says the response to the company's first airport location has been strong, and the Baton Rouge-based chicken fingers chain could be putting more restaurants in airport terminals. Cane's reached a deal with SSP America, which operates food and beverage stores at 123 airports worldwide, which led to a location opening in San Antonio International Airport on Valentine's Day. Brad Sanders, Cane