Oak tree gated community

KJW

In todays "Business matters", second page, it says a Tulsa-based development company is putting in a 200 lot master-planned community in far northwest Bentonville. (Technically this is in Centerton, north/northeast of the new elementary school there by about 3/4 mile.) I drive by this every day taking my daughter to school at New Heights. The story says:

"Community amenities include privacy gates, lighted fountains, executive clubhouse with pool, practice putting green, sports courts, walking trails and multiple parks and greenbelts.

Three neighborhoods within the development will offer lot sizes from one-third acre to more than one acre.

House styles will range from grand estates to Old World European and traditional."

This will be ready by 2007, according to the article, and is right next to the Talamoore subdivision.

Keep an eye on the Arkansas 72 corridor between Bentonville and Gravette...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always thought Fayetteville allowed them, but I guess not. Rogers allows them, I think there's somewhere in the range of 3 or 4 out in Western Rogers: Pinnacle, Shadow Valley, Tal-Mar. Something tells me that Goshen allows gated communities.

Gated communities are a definite no-no in Bentonville. Highland Park at NW 3rd St and NW Elm Tree Rd tried to gain approval as one. I believe there is a ordinance or rules in the subdivision code that do not allow for them.

I know there are some gated/psuedo gated communities in Goshen, but out there what's the point?

Archived