Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams killed

dimebag1980

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, that's what I was wondering. I doubt this was related to the loss of the game, my money is on the possibility that he'd been in an altercation or something to that extent.

Either way, these pro athletes just don't know how fortunate they are. Some of us played sports all our lives and were never "pro" material, and these guys get in there, start making the money, and many of them still act like street trash.

Definitley sad news...

The article states no motive or suspects were ID'd. Its when these incidents happen at random is when its really scary. I mean I leave bars early in the morning and I don't ever anticipate getting shot at.

RIP Darrent Williams.

Not to be offensive, but I think they try to remember where they come from too much, when I was watching this xbox360 tourney on tv, they got to meet players, and so many still stayed in their ghetto's and hooked friends up etc. The problem isthey aren't ghetto anymore, they don't have worries or troubles, that other have, and then people get jealous, or envious and stuff like this happens. Maybe not in the case, but in many cases, they don't know how to break away per say.

That's not offensive, it's true. I completely understand "remembering where you came from" when you get out of the ghetto, but these athletes are ridiculous with it.

I grew up in a bad neighborhood, and I'm so far beyond that at this point in my life. But I do remember where I came from... enough to know I don't want to be the punk I was as a teenager! These guys just can't let it go, it seems.

• 1 month later...

You can take a person out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the person. If you really want to remember where you came from, go back to the inner-city neighborhood you came up in and drop knowledge on the youngsters about your success story or take it one step further & buy a block or two and redevelop that. To me, that's the true definition of remembering where you came from & helping fix your community.

Archived