CINCINNATI: Over-the-Rhine/Findlay Market Parade

grasscat

The Findlay Market Opening Day parade is a Cincinnati institution that has been in continuous operation by the Findlay Market Association since 1919. The parade winds its way from historic Findlay Market in Over-the-Rhine down Race St. down to Fifth St., and then east along Fifth St. to its eastern end at Sentinel St. This year

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did enjoy these! Cincinnatti has lots of great historic architecture. I think it's great that Cincinnatti has been able to save so much of it. After all, they just don't build buildings like they used to anymore.

I did enjoy these!  Cincinnatti has lots of great historic architecture.  I think it's great that Cincinnatti has been able to save so much of it.  After all, they just don't build buildings like they used to anymore.

Thanks, Allan, for being a regular looking at my threads. I agree that it's great that such a collection of buildings exists--pretty much none have succumbed to demolition or to the building of parking lots. A walk through Over-the-Rhine feels like a walk through 1900. Which is great for me because I don't enjoy most stuff built since 1950. Maybe I was born in the wrong century.

One thing, though...your spelling of the name of my city. It's just a pet peeve for most people who live here...it's like nails on a chalkboard!

Archived