Seafood Markets?

corpkid

Can anyone recommend a good seafood/fish market in the Orlando area? Publix's selection only goes so far. I'm really looking for premium stuff, e.g. Chillean Sea Bass, top-notch redfish, etc...

I seem to have found this "late-in-life" love of fish. I wouldn't touch the stuff up until a year ago and now can't get enough! :yahoo:

THANKS!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a vietnamese grocery near the subway on colonial (phoc loc tho -- or something like that) that has the cheapest shrimp anywhere. they have some fresh seafood. not the greatest selection though.

you can check the lombardi's at the south end of WP at the corner of Orange Avenue and 17-92. I haven't been in there in a while so I can't remember the types of seafood. For Orlando, it is probably the best selection.

Whole Foods isn't bad. At least they bring in locally caught seafood. Can't wait for the new one.

Every once in a while, Albertsons will have Cod or Halibut.

Other than that, you may need to head to one of the coasts, my friend.

Lombardi's is garbage.

The asian markets (Phuoc Loc Tho, 1st Asian Market) have some, and some of it still swiming around in dirty tanks.

But we really have nothing. It's a shame.

I would die for a Harry's Farmers Market to open here in Orlando. It's owned by Whole Foods, but I think the only three are in Atlanta. The Dekalb Farmers Market in Atlanta also had an amazing seafood section. It's a shame we don't have a marker here, where we have some of the best seafood in the world right off the coast.

• 3 weeks later...
Lombardi's is garbage.

The asian markets (Phuoc Loc Tho, 1st Asian Market) have some, and some of it still swiming around in dirty tanks.

But we really have nothing. It's a shame.

I would die for a Harry's Farmers Market to open here in Orlando. It's owned by Whole Foods, but I think the only three are in Atlanta. The Dekalb Farmers Market in Atlanta also had an amazing seafood section. It's a shame we don't have a marker here, where we have some of the best seafood in the world right off the coast.

Archived