gs3

Charleston Photo of the Day

503 posts in this topic

Since most cities have a photo of the day thread, maybe the mods can pin this one. Thought it would be great to see more photos from you guys in Charleston. Have several of my own would like to share as well.

I'll start with this one. Taken on the streets of Charleston. Don't ask me why, but this vehicle just seems soooo Charleston. Maybe it's the British connection. :thumbsup:

CIMG0903.jpg

Edited by gsupstate

I'm not much of a shutterbug but I'll try to get some shots to post every now and then.

Those are excellent photos to start this thread. I look forward to digging up my camera and contributing, especially with some night photos. There is a dearth of those for Charleston.

It does. I'm really digging the variety of the facades, both in terms of color and architectural variety.

I need to get down to Charleston really soon just to wander around and take pictures.

Copyof100_0133.jpg

I just thought this looked nice

Love this! Great photo! :thumbsup:

347236164_dbb0261de8.jpg

St. Phillip's

Edited by adrockc2

I just thought this looked nice

The mayoral connection there is nice as well ;)

I like the one of St Phillips

^ Great shot. Love all the alleys in Charleston. Took one of those "haunted tours / ghost walks" last year and they took us through many of the alleys. So cool. :thumbsup:

charleston is a really pretty place to live...by looking at these pictures you remember why you live here. when you walk down the streets of downtown sometimes you have to think what it would be like if we were living in the 1800s when alot of the historical buildings were built.

Thought I'd share a few photos I'd taken back in the summer. I rarely check the Charleston thread, so my apologies for breaking the 'Photo of the Day' topic.

This has to be one of my favorite cities. Period. There's such an intimacy about a city of this scale and the detailing in the architecture/ neighborhoods seems to always give something new, no matter how many times you've seen an area. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Broad Street

Charleston_cw-19-1.jpg

Tradd or Church Street

Charleston_cw-05-1.jpg

St. Philips

Charleston_cw-08-1.jpg

Charleston_cw-10-1.jpg

Waterfront Park

Charleston_cw-18-1.jpg

Charleston_cw-09-1.jpg

Ravenal Bridge

Charleston_cw-20-1.jpg

Charleston_cw-12-1.jpg

This has to be one of my favorite cities. Period. There's such an intimacy about a city of this scale and the detailing in the architecture/ neighborhoods seems to always give something new, no matter how many times you've seen an area. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Tradd or Church Street

Charleston_cw-05-1.jpg

Wow! All the photos are wonderful, but I especially love this one! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brother sent me this one. Those are the military planes that Charleston AFB is home to.

c17chas.jpg

Awesome pic. He must of had an excellent camera with very good zoom capabalities, because there is no way he would of been that close to the military plane when that pic was taken. If he was, he would of been in a big plane accident.

Edited by g-man430

A friend of his takes them, he takes tons of photos for the Air Force so I'm sure he has nice gear.

c17chas3.jpg

c17chas2.jpg

those are awesome! Thats one of the great things about having an airforce base in town

Brother sent me this one. Those are the military planes that Charleston AFB is home to.

c17chas.jpg

Cool photo. :thumbsup: I like the way the heat exhaust from the engine blurs the top of the bridge tower.

Looks inviting. Nice shot, I enjoy walking around there and relaxing in warmer weather.