Charleston Photo of the Day

gs3

RT - Have you been to the park at the end of Pitt Street in the Old Village of Mt. Pleasant? At the eastern end of Pitt, there used to be a trolley bridge that went over to Sullivans. The town has turned it into a linear park, with a dock at the end of it on the old trolley bridge supports. From that vantage point, you can see the entire harbor from the Cooper River Bridge to the downtown skyline to the Morris Light House. If you go around sunset, you can see the sun dropping down behind the steeples of downtown. I'd love to see what you could capture down there.

Man, you're living it up down there. :)

Not exactly...but I am enjoying the area a great deal.

RT - Have you been to the park at the end of Pitt Street in the Old Village of Mt. Pleasant? At the eastern end of Pitt, there used to be a trolley bridge that went over to Sullivans. The town has turned it into a linear park, with a dock at the end of it on the old trolley bridge supports. From that vantage point, you can see the entire harbor from the Cooper River Bridge to the downtown skyline to the Morris Light House. If you go around sunset, you can see the sun dropping down behind the steeples of downtown. I'd love to see what you could capture down there.

I have now! Thanks for the suggestion! To do it justice, I'm going to have to go back with a telephoto lens, my tripod, and more time to wait for the sun to set. For now, this will have to do:

3838906500_eb71859d6b_b.jpg

Edited by RestedTraveler

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...