Charleston Photo of the Day

gs3

Wonderful photos, as always, Charles! So ... how does our Ravenel Bridge compare to the Golden Gate or even the S.F. Bay Bridge? I go to the Memorial Waterfront Park in Mount Pleasant with the kids all the time.

I love walking across the Ravenel Bridge to Mt. Pleasant & back to Charleston. It's funny how wonderfully cold and windy it was up so high over Charleston harbor compared to warmer temps down below in Mt. Pleasant & Charleston. The day I crossed the bridge was very hot in the City.

Ravenel is an imposing bridge that is also very elegant, and a great icon for Charleston & the Lowcountry. I didn't realize it was the tallest structure in South Carolina, which I read the other day somewhere. It's hard to compare its design though to marvels like Golden Gate or the Bay Bridge or even Brooklyn Bridge...After all these years GG still manages to make my heart skip several beats every time I see or cross it...similar to every time I see the City of Charleston.

Good to hear you and your family are doing well in the beautiful Lowcountry.

Peace,

Cp

Edited by Zahc