Charleston Photo of the Day

gs3

IMG_1561-1-2.jpg

The Charleston Museum

IMG_3330-1.jpg

Ho-cakes at Fuel, Rutledge Avenue...Ho-cakes are crispy corn fritters with onions, garlic, jalapenos, roasted corn, topped with pepper jack cheese, crème fraiche, and tomato chutney. Served 2 for 4.50...

IMG_1242-1-2.jpg

Gothic spire of Cathedral of St. Luke and St. Paul overlooks a Coming Street residence in Radcliffeborough

Charleston joins the rest of the human race in an exciting blog about the city gone wild over food trucks by Kristin B. Walker.

Edited by Zahc

Sweet! Yes, little city of Charleston rocks...though, I wish my favorite local cafes would adopt a regular (set) schedule and open early for those of us who like rising before the sun...but Charlestonians tend to sleep in rather late because I suppose they can afford to in such a beautiful, relaxed setting where haste seems to be out of place.

After viewing gorgeous pics of the new renovated Market Hall/City Market that reminded me of a renovated Ferry Plaza here in San Francisco, I was impressed...a friend wrote (to me) and said it reminded her, too, of Ferry Plaza and a little bit like Grand Central Market in Manhattan (which I probably saw, but don't remember it since I was busy looking up as I always do in NYC). She went on to say she took a stroll through City Market the first night it opened and ran into Hank Holliday, whom she knows enough about for Holliday to know her (as a writer, real estate business woman). She describes the Market as spectacular and completely different from before. "It's not every day shopping for me," she said, "but it's certainly something I can be proud of..."

I'll be back next Spring and will look you up (if you'd still in the area) since your work has so inspired me. Keep in touch.

Cheers!

IMG_2671-1.jpg

Kissing a Charleston "Live Oak"

IMG_2570-1.jpg

Hampton Park

IMG_2565-1-1.jpg

IMG_2553-1.jpg

IMG_2520-1.jpg

Ashley Ave

Edited by Zahc

• 6 months later...