ZachariahDaMan

Metro Detroit Photo of the Day

252 posts in this topic

I'm sure I'm not the only one with a ton of pictures from metro Detroit so feel free to post them since Flint and Ann Arbor are the only ones shown.

Farmington

100_0760.jpg

This thread needs Pontiac pictures. I never see that much of this city!

Nice, Zach!

Man oh man has that city made excellent progress. I'm seeing buildings all fixed up that were in horrible shape at one time.

It's also great that the population loss as seemed to have ended.

Zach, where haven't you been in Southeast Michigan? :)

Nice pics, i didnt know pontiac had a tall building, let alone one as good looking as that art deco tower.

Edited by dtown

The tall building is pretty. It reminds me of the Tower Life Building.

Thanks for posting. I don't really know anything about Pontiac, so I like seeing these.

I don't mean to be nit pickey or anything, but why is there also a Metro Detroit Photo of the Day thread? I thought the other one included metro Detroit. The saying goes, "divide and conquer." We don't want to divide our photo's of the day, do we? :lol:

I made this because the other one only says Detroit and how often did people actually post pics from outside Detroit? People are much more likely to post now that a thread says Metro Detroit rather than just Detroit.

Edited by ZachariahDaMan

Ok, Zachariah, your parents let you go to Pontiac, but they won't allow you to go too Detroit. That is pretty stupid when you compare the crime, Pontiac has pretty bad crime too.

Suburban locations never have been excluded from the other thread...all contributions are welcome. The only reason why I never post suburban photos there is because I rarely go to the suburbs, and I rarely drag my camera along with me there.

The Chase Bank Building (originally the Peoples State Building I believe) is definitely one of my favorite skyscrapers in a town of less than 75,000 people. Few others of that size and grandeur even exist in towns of that size.

Agreed. Sometimes it makes you wonder how these buildings ever got built. It wasn't a measure of feasibility back then, rather pride, power, and class.

Ok, Zachariah, your parents let you go to Pontiac, but they won't allow you to go too Detroit. That is pretty stupid when you compare the crime, Pontiac has pretty bad crime too.

That shows that there are people that exist who get their information about places soley from the nightly news and other media outlets, and why that's so dangerous. lol

Well, the recent shootings/stabbing downtown don't make its image much better.

It was demolished for a new 3-story building with retail on bottom and lofts. I believe its called Parkview or something like that. I saw the rendering and it looks a lot like Mayflower Centre.

Great pic of city hall. This is the type of modernism I've always loved.

back to Pontiac, I like the communications tower and along with a couple other buildings (hospital or dte I think), it has a good looking skyline, are there any spots where there is a good shot of the whole thing? does anyone have a pan pic?

There's gotta be a place to get a good shot of all of downtown. I didn't wonder around too much because of the crappy weather that day. If the weather is good Friday or sometime next week I'll go back and get more pics.

Edited by ZachariahDaMan