Spartanburg Photo of the Day

Spartan

Back in the 90's, the cul-de-sac mentality extended to parks too. The idea was that if you had a controlled entrace you coudl see who was coming and going and feel safer in the park. In reality you just feel trapped in it. Its unfortunate too because its an attractive park in most regards.

There are fountains and sculptures everywhere in Downtown Spartanburg...this is one thing that Greenville is very much lacking, but that's starting to change.

Anyone know if the QS/1 building will have any sculpture in front of the fountain on the St. John Street/Daniel Morgan Avenue corner? There appears to be a spot that's perfect for a sculpture of some sort there...it's just begging for one.

Thats a nice one. One of my long term photo projects is to document all of the fountains around Spartanburg (they're everywhere).

It'd be cool if the Spartanburg CVB published a map with the locations of all of the sculptures, fountains, and other public art on it. There are a few of them listed on that "175 things to do" list, but a map would be great!

^I'm guessing that one is from Barnett Park?

Yep. I think that one is called "Exuberance."

Yes, sorry ... I've quit plugging flickr on these individual posts because it sounds too much like I'm begging for views, but if you click on these photos I'm posting, it'll take you flickr so you can see more details about the photo, including the title, a caption where I typically explain a lot more, and you can also view larger/smaller sizes.

This one is, indeed, "Exuberance" from Gate 1 at Barnet Park. The title of this photo is "Dancing with 'Exuberance.'"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...