Spartanburg Photo of the Day

Spartan

Thats a great shot. I think that clearly illustrates the huge gap that the mill creates in Spartanburg. Of all the mills that were destroyed, that one was the most prominent, and it could have been something very cool... definitely better than spare parts. I hope you don't mind, but I cleaned up your picture in Photoshop.

spartanmillsite.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Welcome to the forum sparkinlady!

Am I really seeing a pedicab??

Is that the farmer's market at Magnolis St Station or is it the one at the rail trail on Henry St?

A pedicab it is.... a local guy owns it and let us take it down to the market on a few saturdays in 2006.

the market pic is from the magnolia street market - taken in 2008.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. I like seeing those fountains frozen over.

Yeah I wanted to get the one further down 176, just past the YMCA. I ended up just getting this one though. The other one was prettier, honestly. But I love seeing the little ice slushy at the bottom of the fountain. It was funny when I pulled up to snap a photo. There was another guy there that had stopped for the same reason but he walked around the other side of the trees. We were trying to keep out of each other's shots. People probably thought we were playing laser tag or something. lol

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

We haven't had a Photo of the Day for a while, so here is the Spartanburg skyline at sunset.

5113251568_fb0fa79654_b.jpg

Flickr page

Notice the full moon low in the sky. I was on my way to the Halloween double-feature at the Chapman Cultural Center on Friday evening, and I just had to stop and take a picture from the "money shot" location (Wakefield collision center on N Walker St).

• Like 1

We haven't had a Photo of the Day for a while, so here is the Spartanburg skyline at sunset.

5113251568_fb0fa79654_b.jpg

Flickr page

Notice the full moon low in the sky. I was on my way to the Halloween double-feature at the Chapman Cultural Center on Friday evening, and I just had to stop and take a picture from the "money shot" location (Wakefield collision center on N Walker St).

Nice shot! THANK YOU for posting.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone! Krazeeboi, I didn't include the Marriott in this photo because I zoomed in a bit to better show the full moon. My camera is a 5-year-old, 5-megapixel Kodak point-and-shoot, so I have to make some concessions to get a good photo. ;) I was a bit disappointed because right after I took this, a train came by. I wish I could've gotten it in the picture. :ermm:

• 8 months later...