Stamford and Fairfield County

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
looks like this did not draw any SW Ct people in.

might I suggest creating yet another forum for just Stamford. this would help it show up on searches much better and really who refers to SW CT as SW CT?

I think if we seperate out the very active Stamford and leave the rest of the SW in this section there is a better chance od people contributing.

as an example I would not search for central CT if I was looking for Hartford.

I think a major problem is... the region is never called "Southwest Connecticut". It's always Fairfield (and/or New Haven) County.

My suggestions:

1. Make section just for Stamford, move everything else into the state's general section. There's some stuff for Danbury, New Haven, and BPT/Stfd/Milford on occassion ... not enough to justify its own subforum though.

2. If not 1, change name to "Fairfield and New Haven Counties" ... which would include Stamford, New Haven, Bridgeport, Danbury, and Waterbury.

I think a major problem is... the region is never called "Southwest Connecticut". It's always Fairfield (and/or New Haven) County.

My suggestions:

1. Make section just for Stamford, move everything else into the state's general section. There's some stuff for Danbury, New Haven, and BPT/Stfd/Milford on occassion ... not enough to justify its own subforum though.

2. If not 1, change name to "Fairfield and New Haven Counties" ... which would include Stamford, New Haven, Bridgeport, Danbury, and Waterbury.

I like your option 1

if any area become more active over time we can create further sub sections, but Hartford and Stamford are the cities big 2 right now.

I honestly thing New haven could quickly earn its own forum if there were any menbers there, but it is difficult to see everything without feet on the street.

That is what gives Hartford and Providence such life. people seeing things as they walk around.

I think at this point I would have to favor option 2 because I'm still not sure the Stamford traffic will pick up enough. I'll check and see what Cotuit would rather do though, since I do have to request this change. Also it would be helpful if someone who still posts on Skyscrapercity, Skyscraperpage, or City-Data.com would try to rally some members from over there. When I first got the Hartford section active a few years ago I recruited soldiers to help me fight the Harford vs Providence war that had taken hold and raged here on UP for a while when I first discovered the site!