What do you wish for Richmond in 2007

Downtowner

Ok I decided to try something new... Each year I will create a thread for us to tell our wishes for 2007 and on and on through the years.... It can have to do with the City Government,Development anything UP Related. I will go ahead and say what I wish for Richmond in 2007

1. New Tallest Tower

2. More Residents Downtown.

3. John Marshall Hotel becomes more of a Reality

4. Richmond comes to a Decision on the New Ballpark

5. Crime comes down lower in the city and the schools get it together

6. More Chain Shops and Chain Restaurants Downtown

7. Canal Finally gets Extended

8. Rocketts Landing gets done with Phase one

9. Richmond Finally gets a new Arena of some sort

10. Hear more on James Center Expansion and Foundry Park Towers

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a little research and it appears that the building might house some state government functions. They had a meeting of the Virginia E-911 Services Board there in November. I still think it is dog ugly and creates a huge dead spot downtown.

Ok I decided to try something new... Each year I will create a thread for us to tell our wishes for 2007 and on and on through the years.... It can have to do with the City Government,Development anything UP Related. I will go ahead and say what I wish for Richmond in 2007

1. New Tallest Tower

2. More Residents Downtown.

3. John Marshall Hotel becomes more of a Reality

4. Richmond comes to a Decision on the New Ballpark

5. Crime comes down lower in the city and the schools get it together

6. More Chain Shops and Chain Restaurants Downtown

7. Canal Finally gets Extended

8. Rocketts Landing gets done with Phase one

9. Richmond Finally gets a new Arena of some sort

10. Hear more on James Center Expansion and Foundry Park Towers

My wishes...

1. The City finally takes the Bottom seriously and invests some money in much-needed infrastructure improvements.

2. Council, the school board, and the Mayor find some common ground and move forward with a version of the City of the Future plan.

3. That chain restaurants DON"T move downtown. Wouldn't mind seeing some chain retail though.

4. School truancy continues to decline.

5. Crime continues to decline.

Chains are not evil for downtown, city residents don't have many chains inside the city to go to. Downtown would be perfect. And it's not like the suburbs don't have local independent businesses too. Theirs local stores and chains work well together, why can't they downtown?

Chains are not evil for downtown, city residents don't have many chains inside the city to go to. Downtown would be perfect. And it's not like the suburbs don't have local independent businesses too. Theirs local stores and chains work well together, why can't they downtown?

There still needs to be something for city residents that the suburbanites enjoy and take for granted. Also, there could always be the chains the suburbs don't have. If there is only one place to go, people will come.

Archived