Any project you like

Anewpittsburgh

Obviouslly everyone on this board is passionate about Pittsburgh and has a number of ideas about how it can be improved. I therefore have a question for you. If you had one month to work full time on some sort of project within the city of Pittsburgh, and for the most part have access to various leaders within the public sector for guidance and "support" what would you work on? The reason I ask this is that I have this opportunity. Your suggestions will be welcomed and possibly I can spin a project out of a suggestion on this board. USE YOUR IMAGINATION but be within reason I don't have the means to do whatever I want. I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would work with the state government to secure ample and permenant funding for the Port Authority transit so that it can keep its current level of service and have the opportunity for growth (and Philly's SEPTA and other transit agencies throughout PA of course).... however, I suppose this technically isn't "within reason" knowing the fools that run our state government.

I would work on a project that would help to develop some of the riverfront areas. I realize that a lot of progress has been made on this front. However,... even if future plans include much more redevelopment, I still hate to see so much of Lawrenceville, the SouthSide and the Strip's riverfront covered by parking lots right now.

Archived