Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

graydog

Charlotte Sting gone

Charlotte Sting   34 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Charlotte NBA team use The Sting as their team name?

• Yes and hurry please.
    • No. Live and let die.
    • The who?
    • What about Bob?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

According to a report on News 14 tonight, The Charlotte Sting (WNBA team) were officially dissolved today. There's no chance they will stay in Charlotte now. Players will be made available to other WNBA teams in a special draft. On the upside, there's an opportunity for some cool, ironic puns. And, a decent name for the Charlotte NBA team is suddenly available.

I actually like the Sting name. It has been used before in men's professional sports - by the NASL Chicago Sting in the '70s and '80s and (sort of) by the Cincinnati Stingers of the World Hockey League in the '70s.

On the downside, the name sounds too much like "Stink", which closely resembles the basketball product our team puts out.

CHARLOTTE BOB's OR CHARLOTTE STING ?

QUEEN BEE

CHARLOTTE STING..

I LIKE CHARLOTTE STING

But think how we'd look naming our already named NBA team the same name our unsuccessful WNBA team had. It's like Bobcats was our second pick and our first one was already taken.

Bobcats is like mashed potatoes with no gravy. They should have chosen The Dragons for the name of the team. Leave "Sting" for one of the highschools.

I am only joking..there is no way they change it to a WNBA team...Charlotte would be the laughing stock of Sportcenter

Bobcats name isn't changing...it's not that bad...Panthers/Bobcats at least they are going with cats across the city

Bobcats....I can't get used to it. It's OK given the cat theme with the Panthers. But those colors and that hideous Charlotte diagnol lettering across the chest have GOT to go.

Please, somebody change the colors or jazz it up a little.

The new blue jerseys aren't that bad. The Bobcats name has grown on me a little. i personally suggested they be named the Charlotte Lancers, to go with the whole royalty, QC, knights theme. Guess they didn't like that too much.

The new blue jerseys aren't that bad. The Bobcats name has grown on me a little. i personally suggested they be named the Charlotte Lancers, to go with the whole royalty, QC, knights theme. Guess they didn't like that too much.

The name Bobcats has grown on me and for some reason I've always liked Orange and Blue (being a Gators fan and all.)

I hate to ask this but, did people actually really care about watching the WNBA to begin with around here....

I hate to ask this but, did people actually really care about watching the WNBA to begin with around here....