Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doz180

Bridgeport Intermodal Transit Center

5 posts in this topic

"They call it an intermodal transit hub. That means there are several modes of mass transit all coming together in the same place. They're building a 17 bay bus station right next to the metro-north train station,which is right next to the dock for the ferry to long island. Transportation experts say intermodal hubs are the future of mass transit."

www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=5690465

Does anybody know if any companies have decided to put offices near this hub? I found a proposed plan for office space that would link directly to it.

www.bridgeport-econ.org/newfactsheets/Intermodal.pdf

I recall at one time they were considering a high speed ferry to Laguardia Airport, is this still being discussed?

Wow, that sounds great for Bridgeport.

BPT has tons of potential due to sheer Geography alone. I've never actually visited though, but I would like too, regardless of the current reputation. Let's hope for some solid progress for The Port in 2007 though!

"They call it an intermodal transit hub. That means there are several modes of mass transit all coming together in the same place. They're building a 17 bay bus station right next to the metro-north train station,which is right next to the dock for the ferry to long island. Transportation experts say intermodal hubs are the future of mass transit."

Does anybody know if any companies have decided to put offices near this hub? I found a proposed plan for office space that would link directly to it.

I recall at one time they were considering a high speed ferry to Laguardia Airport, is this still being discussed?