Leatherheads

gs3

I just noticed this. You guys have missed an entire section of the shoot. They've all been in Anderson for the past two weeks shooting at the Calhoun. :whistling: I should have mentioned this earlier as 'celebrity' sighting would have been much easier in Anderson. Weird thing - Clooney was all the rage. Renee Z didn't get much attention. I guess George is a bigger star. But seriously - Renee? She is such a cutie! :camera: I'd rather see her.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed last night that it appears at least some, if not all, of the bollards (sp?) on Court Square were about to be removed. I assumed it was either for the movie, or the big race earlier today. Since I can't imagine them coming out for the race, the movie made more sense. I have not been by there today to see if they have all been taken up.

City Center Greenville seems to be one big sound stage / movie set today. The activity and energy downtown is infectious to be around. If you haven't been downtown today....GO! :)

Some photos from around the multi block set area:

DSC01319.jpg

DSC01318.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

The Westin Poinsett becomes the Emerson House through movie magic:

DSC01320.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

DSC01311.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

DSC01315.jpg

DSC01316.jpg

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

My wife and I drove by the old Travelers Rest High School this morning after going to our new mission church current meeting at the Hampton Inn. I took a photo of the set being put up at the entrance to the old T.R. Football Field. I guess it's ok to post this since it's what you can see from the road. I did see a guard who is not in the photo giving us a slightly dirty look but as I said you can see it from the road. I wonder if Paris Mountain will make it in the film and if so will the remove the radio towers out in post production or may it will be so blurred you can't see them. I was an extra at the Ware Shoals location but they would not allow us to take photos in the filming area. I wish I had taken my camera with me however as they did allow people to take photos in the "staging area" (that's where the dining and wardrobe tents are)

410366356_0e990b12ed_o.jpg

Great photos, guys! Gsupstate, that one of the blue motorbike with a sidecar is what George Clooney drove up to the hotel in the scene they shot yesterday afternoon. I have a few photos of that part of the day, but none really look great.

The crew also shot a scene at night, and by the lighting they added, and the angle of the camera, I would presume that the Liberty Building will be in at least one shot in the movie. :shades:

Here are a couple shots from last night. I didn't have the proper gear with me to accurately capture the setting, but this will at least be a tease:

LeatherheadsHotel_02.jpg

LeatherheadsHotel_03.jpg

Great shots linkerjpatrick and Skyliner. :thumbsup:

The night shots with the lighting booms and camera equipment feels soooooo Hollywood! Cool shots! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Really flattering for Greenville to see city center turned into a movie set of Chicago, with only minimal aesthetic changes from it's day in / day out look!

The current show at Cafe and Then Some is "East of Easley". Their upcoming show will be called "Chasing George Clooney" (not Chasing Amy)......if you like the irreverent humor of Cafe and Then Some, then I'm sure "Chasing George Clooney" will be right up your alley. I can only imagine. Should be a hysterical take on all the recent hype. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

When I was working lat night I saw Clooney and Renee.

Clooney ate at The Sophisticated Palate, and Zellwegger was at the Cazbah.

Clooney walked out of the Palate and no one even realized.

He then turned the corner by my cart and I said hello to him and he waved back. Right after I saw him about 2 groups of people walk right by him and not even realize. He blended in good. I thought it was funny.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to see "I Am Legend" today.....movie was OK, not great, not bad.

Before it started, they showed a preview for Leatherheads. First time I had seen a preview. Looks like it will be a pretty good movie. Spent most of the time watching the preview trying to pick out Greenville "scenes". Caught a few. Kinda fun! :lol:

Went to see "I Am Legend" today.....movie was OK, not great, not bad.

Before it started, they showed a preview for Leatherheads. First time I had seen a preview. Looks like it will be a pretty good movie. Spent most of the time watching the preview trying to pick out Greenville "scenes". Caught a few. Kinda fun! :lol:

Archived