Greensboro population down 7% since 2000?

kmurphy19662003

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What you don't seem to "get" is that CSP's point was not about a flaw in the survey, but rather a possible source, even potentially flawed (which he acknowledged), that the survey relied on. Everyone that tries to be objective isn't picking on Greensboro, and that's something you should realize.

The population statistics on that site are backwards for every city...the 2000 numbers are actually the 2005 estimates and the 2005 numbers are actually the 2000 cencus. Just take a look at some other cities and you can definitely figure out that every city in America isn't predicted to lose population...

The population statistics on that site are backwards for every city...the 2000 numbers are actually the 2005 estimates and the 2005 numbers are actually the 2000 cencus. Just take a look at some other cities and you can definitely figure out that every city in America isn't predicted to lose population...

Not sure that they are actually backwards, just low for most if not all cities. I spot checked several others and they were all low, and were only positive for cities like LA, CLT and Phoenix, for example, that are growing faster than a certain % that must factor into their calculations. And I know that explanation makes no sense, but I couldn't find details on their calculations. At any rate, we are arguing over population which is ultimately silly, if it can be said that CLT used to aspire to be ATL then I think that is true of GSO today - the planning here is not great at all IMO.

Archived