Two new 17 story towers

smeagolsfree

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure it's Mark McDonald. He's never done a high-rise or much residential to speak of but he and his partners have done a lot of retail development. If a near term effort materializes it will be one of many ambitious projects trying to get started. But I wouldn't pick out your groundbreaking outfit just yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is somehow related in the latest version to a proposal by the chairman of that bank (Capital Bank?) aproximately 3-4 years ago. That was for a 12 story office building there. It may have grown. Are any of the towers for office use?

I'm pretty sure it's Mark McDonald. He's never done a high-rise or much residential to speak of but he and his partners have done a lot of retail development. If a near term effort materializes it will be one of many ambitious projects trying to get started. But I wouldn't pick out your groundbreaking outfit just yet.

Just for the heck of it...

One man's w.a.g. as to how it fits in to West End/Mid-Town. Now try to picture West End Summit in the empty lot at the bottom of the picture. We're talking about a serious, dense alternative to downtown.

Two17s.jpg

BTW, they better get their own renderings out before I scare everyone away with mine. ;)

Just for the heck of it...

One man's w.a.g. as to how it fits in to West End/Mid-Town. Now try to picture West End Summit in the empty lot at the bottom of the picture. We're talking about a serious, dense alternative to downtown.

Two17s.jpg

BTW, they better get their own renderings out before I scare everyone away with mine. ;)

Archived