Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Two new 17 story towers

20 posts in this topic

I think its OK to post this now that I have seen it on a couple of different sites. The location will be where Capital Bank and Trust is on West End. I think it is on the corner of 19th and West End. This will be mostly condos. Cannot say who the developer is.

I was driving by there last night and thought that would be a prime location for something to go up soon. This is just a block down from Palmer Plaza and across the street correct?

I will say it is on the Nashville Charette site, but I have another source that confirmed it a while back.

There may be some more news to add to this a litlle later but I cannot say anything right now.

I will say it is on the Nashville Charette site, but I have another source that confirmed it a while back.

There may be some more news to add to this a litlle later but I cannot say anything right now.

I'm pretty sure it's Mark McDonald. He's never done a high-rise or much residential to speak of but he and his partners have done a lot of retail development. If a near term effort materializes it will be one of many ambitious projects trying to get started. But I wouldn't pick out your groundbreaking outfit just yet.

OK, guys!! What are your sources? Even if you have to generalize, give us some idea of the reliability of the source.

msgstartrak, how do you know about this project? and is it the same one as Ron has mentioned?

I wouldn't be surprised if this is somehow related in the latest version to a proposal by the chairman of that bank (Capital Bank?) aproximately 3-4 years ago. That was for a 12 story office building there. It may have grown. Are any of the towers for office use?

I'm pretty sure it's Mark McDonald. He's never done a high-rise or much residential to speak of but he and his partners have done a lot of retail development. If a near term effort materializes it will be one of many ambitious projects trying to get started. But I wouldn't pick out your groundbreaking outfit just yet.

lets hope these two look really groundbreaking by Nashville standards. Viridian is ok, but something like that, only all glass and such. Im pretty dry tonight so I might just post once.

Richard Courtney in his column in the City Paper today seemed to be implying that McDonald would be building in Green Hills.

Who is Mark McDonald? And does he have two unannounced projects? Why are they unannounced, but everybody seems to know about them?

Who is Mark McDonald? And does he have two unannounced projects? Why are they unannounced, but everybody seems to know about them?

Just for the heck of it...

One man's w.a.g. as to how it fits in to West End/Mid-Town. Now try to picture West End Summit in the empty lot at the bottom of the picture. We're talking about a serious, dense alternative to downtown.

Two17s.jpg

BTW, they better get their own renderings out before I scare everyone away with mine. ;)

His partner, John Rochford, announced the green hills deal a month or so ago; they own the existing office building together. He must not be ready to say anything about what he's working on at West End. Mark is a partner with Newton Oldacre McDonald.

Newton Oldacre and McDonald ar ethe ones that are building the Nashville West Shopping Center/ Town center or whatever its called.

Just for the heck of it...

One man's w.a.g. as to how it fits in to West End/Mid-Town. Now try to picture West End Summit in the empty lot at the bottom of the picture. We're talking about a serious, dense alternative to downtown.

Two17s.jpg

BTW, they better get their own renderings out before I scare everyone away with mine. ;)