gs3

West Coast Photo of the Day

208 posts in this topic

Would be nice to see this thread pinned so that people could share a photo each day. This has been done in the Southern Forum. What do you guys think?

In hopes this will start.

Jan 5, 2007:

Looking over Elliott Bay / Puget Sound from the Seattle waterfront:

OlympicsElliottBay.jpg

Edited by gsupstate

Saturday, Jan. 6, 2007

Looking down from the top of B of A / Columbia Center Tower in Seattle:

CIMG4852.jpg

Yeah good idea. I'll have to dig through some of my old pics to post on here.

Sunday Jan. 7, 2007:

The Space Needle - Seattle

CIMG4949.jpg

Hey, after watching last night's playoff game I was wondering if anyone had any pics of Quest Field. I always thought that was an interesting looking stadium.

These are actually from last year but I thought I'd repost them here for this topic. Here's a couple of pics of Rail Runner, the heavy rail transit system in Albuquerque.

railrunner01ug7.jpg

railrunner02xp4.jpg

3zji3vq.jpg

Here is my one pic of Qwest Field. Its from the Columbia SeaFirst Center looking south. (I think the building's changed names again)

Oops, guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I just noticed this topic is West Coast, not Western US. Sorry if the New Mexico pics don't really fit in. :blush: If someone says something soon enough I can still edit them out.

Oops, guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I just noticed this topic is West Coast, not Western US. Sorry if the New Mexico pics don't really fit in. :blush: If someone says something soon enough I can still edit them out.

All the same :lol: , they are good pictures too, it just encourages more west coast love :wub::whistling:

All the same :lol: , they are good pictures too, it just encourages more west coast love :wub::whistling:

I guess I'm just trying to figure out if this topic was just starting for only the West Coast or for the Western US. I've got other western pics but not of the West Coast. I haven't made it that far yet.

From the looks of the forums, it seems New Mexico doesn't have a home. I would think it would be in with West Coast since Arizona and Nevada are. I should probably have titled this U.S. West and not West "Coast". Great pics of the Rail Runner! :thumbsup:

Edited by gsupstate

From the looks of the forums, it seems New Mexico doesn't have a home. I would think it would be in with West Coast since Arizona and Nevada are. I should probably have titled this U.S. West and not West "Coast". Great pics of the Rail Runner! :thumbsup:

I just didn't want to assume it was for the whole west and not just the west coast. :D

Here's a pic of Albuquerque from Sandia Crest. Elevation is a little over 10,600 ft at the top of the Sandia Mtns just east of Albuquerque.

sandiaalbdusk01xd4.jpg

^ Thanks dgreco :)

Looking down on the Smith Tower, once the tallest on the West Coast, from the top of B of A / Columbia Center:

CIMG4841-1.jpg

The base of Rainier Tower:

CIMG5147.jpg

Edited by gsupstate

Nice pics gsupstate. I think I've seen Ranier Tower but didn't know what the name of the building was or even where it was exactly. Also interesting seeing the original Starbucks, the window also mentions tea and spices other than coffee.

Nice pics gsupstate. I think I've seen Ranier Tower but didn't know what the name of the building was or even where it was exactly. Also interesting seeing the original Starbucks, the window also mentions tea and spices other than coffee.

Thanks Mith242. :)

I must say, when you walk by Rainier Tower on the street, with that base, from certain angles it feels as though the tower may fall over. A very uneasy feeling.

Weds. Jan. 10, 2007:

Looking up at Columbia Center in Seattle:

CIMG4832.jpg

That's a nice shot. It's also nice to see some more of Seattle's structures. Usually I only get to the the Space Needle or a far out panorama shot of the city. Nice to see some more details of some of the other buildings.