West Coast Photo of the Day

gs3

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Columbia Center is 76 stories but seems bigger when you're standing next to it. I wonder how soon a taller building will be built now that the height limits in the CBD have been removed. It seems there is a worldwide 'super-tall' frenzy going on these days...how soon until Seattle decides to build another giant? I don't expect anything like the Burj Dubai or the Fordham but I can see someone throwing up something taller than 76 stores. But when?

Gsupstate...thanks for the pics, you always post good ones of Seattle.

^ Great photos Mith242. :thumbsup:

Gsupstate...thanks for the pics, you always post good ones of Seattle.

Thanks! :) I'll post some of my other West Coast photos too, I just LOVE Seattle. Definitely my favorite U.S. city and probably one of my top 3 world cities (that I've visited).

Here's the maiden voyage of one of the new tram cars that will fly between the South Waterfront District and OHSU on the top of the hill in Portland. Notice this car still has it's plastic wrap on and there are some crazy guys riding on the roof. The pic is from Wikipedia.

800px-Tramfirsttrip.jpg

Edited by Inkdaub

Any idea what kind of elevation change this tram will be covering?

I don't know the numbers but I estimate the height of Pill Hill(Marquam Hill) to be around a thousand feet...maybe less and definitely not too much more. Then again that's just a guess and hills can be deceptive.

Well I have been looking at tram and OHSU info and can't find anything on the height of Marquam Hill. But here's a photo from the OHSU site...

aerial_OHSU.jpg

The tram will be coming from the level of the river to the campus in the pic.