How many people on the GR forum have children (at home)?

GRDadof3

How many people on the GR forum have children?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have children living at home?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
  2. 2. How many children do you have?

• More
    • None

I think on the flip side of the coin that I am amazed at the amount of people who "assume" my wife has to or should go back to work after having our first child. Why is it so wrong of her to want to be a stay at home mother? Is that really a bad career move?

Now I am in no way looking down upon professional females but I do feel like my wife has been looked down upon for not wanting to continue in her career full time.

Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As if staying at home raising children is not work!!!!!!!! Given the choice at this point in my life, I'd gladly turn in my suits and stay home raising children . . . if I had any children . . .

I'm sure nothing can prepare someone for parenthood, but as far as I can tell both can be handfuls. I guess I would say girls would come naturally for me because I grew up with female influences. Of course, no amount of anecdotes would really sum up to the 'on the job' experiences you parents have :)

I work at home now and have two 7 year olds I will gladly rent to you (heck, at times I'd even sell them or give 'em to ya). If you had them in your hair all day, I predict you'll be running to put that suit back on in a pretty big hurry.

In my world, the term "multi-task" has intergalactic scale and meaning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived