Triangle in the national media

On 7/23/2019 at 11:34 AM, Jones_ said:

Funny. The location alone (for Umstead) eliminates it from 5 star status in my head. Just another example of how the people with the money get to make the decisions. 

Why would anyone not in the hotel business assume they should get to have input on star classification of hotels?  Even just theoretically that oozes arrogance.  People with the money to create hotels, which are expensive no matter how many stars of course are the ones who decide what qualifies.

On 8/10/2019 at 11:30 AM, Crabpeople said:

Why would anyone not in the hotel business assume they should get to have input on star classification of hotels?  Even just theoretically that oozes arrogance.  People with the money to create hotels, which are expensive no matter how many stars of course are the ones who decide what qualifies.

Oh wait....i'm oozing arrogance because I have an opinion about how a hotel should be rated? That's the name of the game buddy. All the condescension seems to be on your end there. Are you a hotel owner or operator? And anyway you're wrong...independent bodies rate them according to their standards...some standards objective, some subjective. Most of it is based on what is inside the doors but design quality *is a criteria and location/orientation surely has some degree of weight there. Where a hotel is matters to me and surely matters to others.  I don't want to walk outside into a rectangle surrounded by 6-8 lane roads on two sides and isn't connected in any meaningful way to anything thing else walkable. Airbnb is gaining on hotels in general for a reason and its not just price. Anyway, the 'those with money' comment was a lament at the attempt to make it objective when it surely is not and the criteria are established by someone other than those who regularly stay at hotels, i.e. the customer. You only have to google a little bit to see that not all 5 star hotels result in happy customers. 

Edited by Jones_

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Raleigh is higher ranked than either Charlotte or Greensboro on this list but not sure that is not  a compliment.  Top 50 cities with bed bugs and Raleigh comes in at #14  Charlotte #20 and Gboro #25.

Most bed bug infested city drumroll please  our nations capital.

https://www.orkin.com/orkins-2020-bed-bug-cities-list

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New York Times headline.  No "NC".

5 Killed, Including Off-Duty Officer, as Gunman Stalks a Raleigh Neighborhood

A suspect identified as “a white male juvenile” was in custody, the police said. At least two others were wounded, including a police officer, whose injuries were described as “non-life threatening.”

Edited by Phillydog

• 7 months later...