Clark Tower

otacon

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice photos, otacon. Although you'll find some folks who don't like it, I've always been partial to Clark Tower since I was a young boy. It's one of the first landmarks I remember in Memphis since I grew up just a mile or so away.

I think your photos demonstrate that it's a very attractive building at night under all that illumination. Note the smaller-than-usual flag. Whenever the situation calls for flying the flag at half-staff, they bring in a smaller one. The normal flag is 50' x 30' or something like that. If they lowered the big one to half-staff, it would damage many of the antennas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Good news about the Clark Tower from the MBJ. Hilton is moving into a fairly large space withing Clark and Clark's occupancy is now quite. The renovation and new management have done a great job reviving Clark Tower into a prime space within a very competitive submarket.

http://memphis.bizjournals.com/memphis/sto...5768000^1496962

^ That is good news. East Memphis seems to still be moving right along as the second business hub for the city 30 years later after the move began out east began. Perhaps more mid and high rise developments may be seen out East in the future with current office space in East Memphis being taken up....I know its a hard sell compared to cheaper land outside the city for campus style projects, but look at how Nashville's West End continues to build up with mid and high rise development. I think Memphis could mimic something similar to that along Poplar near the Clark Tower area with the right developer or two willing to take on the challenge to build some attractive office projects and properly market them.

Thre may not be as much of a potential for a rapid build up as West End for sure, but I think there definitely could be some there to exploit. As Rardy's tag line states: "Clark Tower is lonely". LOL

Archived