Cleaning an ipod...?

FromCityToRural

I'm sellin my iPod. I've had it in a cover thingy since day one, so I know there's a great shine underneath there somewhere, but it has a sticky residue all over it and grime in the button recesses from being in the cover. I need this thing to look good when I show it, what should I clean it with? I thought about alcohol wipeys or glass cleaner on a microfibre or similar soft cloth, but don't know how either would interact with the electronics or the plastic on the face. Any ideas?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what the manual says.

Keeping the outside of iPod clean

To clean iPod, unplug all cables, turn iPod off, and slide the Hold switch (if available) to HOLD. Then use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don’t use window cleaners, household cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, alcohol, ammonia, or abrasives to clean iPod.

I am not sure what the sticky stuff is that you are talking about, but if it is glue like what you find under a label, then an old trick is to get a cloth and put a little WD-40 on it and use it to clean the spot. The WD-40 breaks down this kind of glue. I would be really really careful however with the Ipod as it's unknown what it will do to the plastic that it is made of.

UGGGH! You cursed me!!!

My ipod stopped working twice yesterday! I had to reset it, and have to do it everytime i try to turn it on after having it off for more than a few hours. Its probobly the last apple product i will buy, or at least te last ipod.

Depends on what network you have, like if you have another GSM provider (T-Mobile, SunCom) then you can by the phone unlocked and plug in your SIM card but if you have a CDMA network (Verizon, Sprint/Nextel, Alltel) then from what I've read it will only be available to GSM for quite a while if not forever.

I have tmobile and my contract is over in may, and if they come out with it in june I will definately wait, if not I don't know what I am gonig to do... I love tmobile, so I dont want to switch, but I have the MDA and I hate the phone with a passion, so I am ready for something new.

I heard once it comes out in June you can buy it at your nearest Apple store and just plug in your T-Mobile SIM card and you're all set with the T-Mobile network. The only thing I don't know is if you do buy it at the Apple store, whether you're obligated to sign on to a contract there or you can just by the phone itself? :unsure: I already have Cingular (AT&T now <_< ) and would hate to add another 2 years on to my plan incase I decide to switch if AT&T is less than glamerous with customer service and quality.

Archived