Conspiracy theories!

Charlotteman

I don't think there is a hole at the top of the earth, but it's entirely possible that the planet is hollow. I would recommend Bill Bryson's bestseller, "A Short History of Nearly Everything", for a digestible and fairly light-hearted review of our attempts to solve the question.

The fact of the matter is that we are not as advanced technologically as we think we are. Our attempts to understand the inside of the earth are like a person trying to figure out what's inside a house by tapping softly on an outside wall and poking it with a toothpick. The only thing we know for certain is that the crust is fairly hard, and that it has something underneath. What's under there will probably not be discovered for several hundred more years if at all.

Its always been said that we understand more about the universe than our own planet and there is alot of truth to that. The truth of the matter is that scientist really dont know what at the center of the earth. Basically what they have presented is really just a theory that the core is solid.

Here is an image of Saturn. It appears that there is light coming from the poles. Just maybe there are star like bodies in the center of planets with atmospheres.

Saturn.jpg

Hollow Earth Model

earth_model.gif

I will say its highly suspicious that the government refuses to broadcast live satelite feeds of the poles and that flight over the north pole is off limits. The truth of the matter is, we only know what the Earth looks like from photos provided to the public by NASA. Even as Charlotteman pointed out, there is a strange glow from the north at night, the closer you get to the north pole.

Northern lights

northern-lights-taken-on-09-07-02.jpg

In January of 1956 Admiral Byrd led an expedition to the South Pole. On that expedition he and his crew allegedly penetrated down 2,300 miles into the center of the earth. Admiral Byrd then went on to state that the North and South Poles are only two of many openings into the center of the Earth. He also wrote about seeing a sun below the Earth.

In his own personal flight diary, he tells of entering the hollow interior of the Earth, along with U.S. Navy crewmen and traveling 17 miles over mountains, lakes, rivers, green vegetation, and animal life. He tells of seeing tremendous animals which resembled mammoths of antiquity moving through the brush. He eventually found cities and a thriving civilization which was comprised of a highly intelligent race of people that have inhabited Earth for millions of years

Admiral Byrd was credible person in his time. It would sort of be like Colin Powell saying he flew into the earth. If the Earth is hollow and there are undiscovered civilizations down there, just maybe thats where the idea of Hell comes from. Afterall, if there is a Hell under us, the Earth would have to be hollow and not solid.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This Government official says UFO secrey has more to do with free energy (technology from extraterrestrial craft). He says its not that the government wants to hide the fact that extratererstrials are real, they just do want people to know that FREE energy is possible. If such info were release, think what it would do the the oil and fossil fuels industries. Duke Energy and the other power companies would be no more. All those rich oil guys would no longer be making money, controlling the government and calling the shots.

US Air Force, NRO (National Reconnaissance Office), Master Sergeant Dan Morris

Eisenhower wanted somebody to be in charge. The CIA was working primarily for itself. Most of the military intelligence directors were working for themselves...So, it was organized, but the name of the NRO was kept secret for years...The National Security Agency-the killers work in that. Secretary of Defense Forestall was the first powerful person that was eliminated because he was going to release information [on UFOs]—and nobody has ever paid for that crime...Who was stationed at Roswell? The only nuclear bomb squadron in the world. We focused several powerful radars on the UFOs, and it caused two of them to crash. One of them had two aliens on it. One of them was wounded or hurt, the other was alive then, but before we could get him anywhere, he had passed on...I would interview people who claimed they had seen something, and try to convince them they hadn’t, or that they were hallucinating. If that didn’t work, another team would give all the threats-threaten them and their family. They would be in charge of discrediting them, making them look foolish. Now, if that didn’t work, there was another team that put an end to that problem, one way or another...UFOs are both extraterrestrial and manmade...Even back in Tesla’s time, we had free energy. All you had to do was put up an antenna, put a stake in the ground, and you could light this house and have all the energy you wanted...It’s not that our government doesn’t want us to know that there are other people on other planets. What they don’t want us to know is that this free energy is available to everybody. That’s the greatest secret. So secrecy about the UFOs is because of the energy issue...Some would like for us to believe that the aliens are our enemy now. There’s no proof that I have ever read in any official document where-unless they were attacked-they ever shot. We don’t have a threat from Russia anymore, but if we keep shooting at those aliens, we might have a threat from them. We should quit that. We should demand that our government stop trying to shoot down those aliens."

US Air Force, Lockheed Skunkworks Engineer, Don Phillips

"These UFOs were huge. They would just come to a stop and do a 60 degree, 45 degree, 10 degree turn, and then immediately reverse this action….During the Apollo landing, Neil Armstrong says, “They’re here. They are right over there and look at the size of those ships. And, it is obvious they don’t like us being here”.…When I was working with the Skunkworks, we signed an agreement with the National Security Agency, and the National Security Council, as well as the CIA. And we kept very quiet about this. Anti-gravitational research was going….We know that there were some captured craft from 1947 in Roswell, New Mexico. And, yeah, they were real. And, yes, we really did get some technology from them. And, yes, we really did put it to work….We knew each other from what we call unseen industry. We can term it black, deep black, or hidden. The knowledge I have of these technologies came from the craft that were captured here. I didn’t see the craft, nor did I see the bodies. But I certainly know some of the people that did. There was no question that there are peoples, or beings, from outside the planet. Are these ET people hostile? Well, if they were hostile, with their weaponry they could have destroyed us a long time ago….We got these things that are handheld scanners that scan the body and determine what the condition is. We can also treat from the same scanner. Are these things real? Well, I can tell you personally that we’ve been working on them. And we have ones that can cure cancer. Yes, diagnose and cure. Politics, and God bless them, the FDA, and other people whose financial interests could be damaged by the release of certain technologies keep these out of view….One of the purposes for founding this technology corporation that I did in 1998 was to bring forth these technologies that can help get rid of the toxins—that can clean the air, that help get rid of the need for so much fossil fuel. Yes, it is time. I can tell you personally that it has already started."

US Army, Lieutenant Colonel Thomas E. Bearden

"Some of the breakthroughs in the past have been deliberately suppressed. T. Henry Moray was inspired by Tesla’s work. There was absolutely no question that he had a system that produced 50 kilowatts out of a 55-pound box. There are all kinds of skullduggery that happened there. The Russians even tried to kidnap him at one time. Gabriel Crone invented a true negative resister, working on a Navy contract for Stanford University. He was never permitted to reveal the exact way that he constructed it. There is real stuff in cold fusion. 600 experiments worked, for goodness sake. Probably 50 inventors have invented free energy systems….What we have is a situation where the entire structure of science, industry, and the organizations of science and the patent office are against you. I’ve been a victim of quite a bit of suppression. So has any other legitimate researcher in the area. And behind this, we have a few people who are quite wealthy and who own these things. The more powerful the agency, the more they will resort not only to legal, but to extra-legal means to suppress their competition. Lethal force is used. And it is not one cartel. It is many, many groups in energy. And each one does not wish to see simple little electrical taps pulling out enormous energy from the vacuum. They would much rather see you burning a lot more oil. If we use this system where we extract energy from the vacuum, we can clean up this biosphere"

US Air Force, Aerospace Illustrator, Mark McCandlish

"This craft was what they called the Alien Reproduction Vehicle. It was also nicknamed the Flux Liner. This antigravity propulsion system—this flying saucer—was one of three that were in this hangar at Norton Air Force Base. We have found a patent filed by James King Jr., and this patent looks just like this system, except that instead of having a dome for a crew compartment, it has a cylinder in the center. It has the same flat bottom and sloping sides. The patent was filed initially in 1960 and was secured in 1967….There is a scientist in Utah by the name of Moray B. King—he wrote a book called Tapping the Zero Point Energy. Zero-point energy is actually what keeps the electrons energized around the atomic structure of everything in the universe. There’s enough of this flux, this electrical charge in the nothingness of space, that if you could capture all the energy that was embedded in just a cubic yard of space, you’d have enough energy to boil the oceans of the entire world"

McDonnell-Douglas, Professor of Aeronautical Engineering, Dr. Paul Czysz

"When I was at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, we had flying saucers that covered the distance from Columbus to Detroit in the equivalent of about 20,000 miles per hour….Zero-point energy represents about 40-50 megawatts of power per cubic inch of space. That’s a lot of power. If you could tap it at will, then no one would have to sell gasoline or oil anymore…Depending on the secrecy level, you have to go through a significant background check. When you do that, if you’re in a very tight compartment, you sign a statement that you will not divulge the existence of the project or even answer a question that could acknowledge the existence of the project. I know people today that worked on one of the things I worked on, and if you asked them about it, they would say, “No, I have no idea what you’re talking about.” They’re in their seventies now, but they still absolutely would never admit that they even know what you’re talking about. If there were non-earthbound sources of information, the people who were doing the design or analysis work would never have any idea of where it came from"

Apollo 14 Astronaut, Edgar Mitchell, Ph.D. Aeronautics, MIT, 6th man to walk on moon

"Yes, there have been ET visitations. There have been crashed craft. There have been material and bodies recovered. There has been a certain amount of reverse engineering that has allowed some of these craft, or some components, to be duplicated. And there is some group of people that may or may not be associated with government at this point, but certainly were at one time, that have this knowledge. They have been attempting to conceal this knowledge or not permit it to be widely disseminated….Perhaps a large part of the activity that’s classified as UFO abductions may very well not be due to ET activity at all. I would suspect if any is due to ET activity, it is a rather small part. A larger potion is due to human activity in a very clandestine fashion….People in high level government have very, very little, if any, valid information about this. Most have no more knowledge than the man in the street….[As to] the question, “How could it be kept secret?” It hasn’t been kept secret. It’s been there all along. But it has been the subject of disinformation in order to deflect attention and create confusion so the truth doesn’t come out….I believe it is a very important effort that we get Congressional oversight of all this. But so far that hasn’t happened"

Significant information about Admiral Byrd's supposed account of a hollow-earth trip:

- Byrd was in the ANTarctic at the time the events supposedly took place.

- In fact, I'm not certain that he was ever involved in an Arctic mission as described in the "journal". I can't find any reference to WWII Arctic expeditions by Byrd, though admittedly I haven't tried too hard. It appears that the true author of the "journal" was thinking of Byrd's famous flight near the North Pole in the 1920s, which was the subject of considerable controversy regarding his possible forgery of flight records.

- In any case, perhaps the most damning error is the use of the phrase "military industrial complex" several years before it was originally coined in an address by Eisenhower. It is, to say the least, unlikely that Byrd would have used this phrase at the time the account was said to have been written (this would be like Colin Powell publishing a diary containing the phrase "Axis of Evil", and claiming it was written in 1997).

The above suggests that the diary is, predictably, a hoax that was circulated well after the fact. Not a huge surprise given the contents, and the rather low diction in which they're written (Byrd went to VMI, UVA and the Naval Academy; he would not likely have written in a casual style). It appears to me that someone had a general knowledge of Byrd's early flights over the Arctic, wanted to add a little "flair" to his history, and misguidedly attempted to connect the fictional incidents to the drama of WWII and Nazi occultism.

Significant information about Admiral Byrd's supposed account of a hollow-earth trip:

- Byrd was in the ANTarctic at the time the events supposedly took place.

- In fact, I'm not certain that he was ever involved in an Arctic mission as described in the "journal". I can't find any reference to WWII Arctic expeditions by Byrd, though admittedly I haven't tried too hard. It appears that the true author of the "journal" was thinking of Byrd's famous flight near the North Pole in the 1920s, which was the subject of considerable controversy regarding his possible forgery of flight records.

- In any case, perhaps the most damning error is the use of the phrase "military industrial complex" several years before it was originally coined in an address by Eisenhower. It is, to say the least, unlikely that Byrd would have used this phrase at the time the account was said to have been written (this would be like Colin Powell publishing a diary containing the phrase "Axis of Evil", and claiming it was written in 1997).

The above suggests that the diary is, predictably, a hoax that was circulated well after the fact. Not a huge surprise given the contents, and the rather low diction in which they're written (Byrd went to VMI, UVA and the Naval Academy; he would not likely have written in a casual style). It appears to me that someone had a general knowledge of Byrd's early flights over the Arctic, wanted to add a little "flair" to his history, and misguidedly attempted to connect the fictional incidents to the drama of WWII and Nazi occultism.

are you sure "military industrial complex was "first" said be Eisenhower?

and whats your thinking on the quotes I posted above?

^ I'm sure that any combination of three words can be discovered in one document or another stretching back to antiquity, but it wasn't until Eisenhower's speech that the term fell into common use. I'm sure that we can find "Axis of Evil" somewhere in 1950s literature if we scour hard enough, but the point is that it would be a little too much of a coincidence for an admiral to casually use it before 2002. Same goes for "military-industrial complex"... it would have been a very familiar phrase to a person forging a document in the 1960s, but completely absent from popular usage at the time that this "diary' was supposed to have been written. The presence of that phrase in the document is a very strong indication that it was a forgery.

Regarding the quotes below: it's harder to address a list of quotes because, after all, they come from all over and I hardly have the research capacity to dig up information about obscure private citizens. However, I came up with the following in about 15 minutes:

- Dan Morris is a non-commissioned officer (Master Sergeant is the 7th step down the ladder in the USAF), and would not likely have had access to the kind of large-scale classified information that he's claiming to have known. I really doubt that the Air Force lets their noncoms in on their conspiracies. Furthermore, he claims to know secret information about the mysterious death of James Forrestal, whose name he misspells badly.

- Don Phillips makes a lot of claims about working on "alien" technology, but stops short of being able to connect it directly to actual aliens. He knows someone (who knows someone...) who has seen aliens. Yet he is able to give a precise description of their behavior and size... having not seen them himself.

- Thomas Bearden, like Dan Morris, does not possess a high enough rank to be privileged to the information he's "sharing" (he's 6th in the chain of command, and during WWII this was a particularly watered-down position). This tells me he is either making it up, or repeating something that he heard second(third?fourth?")hand from someone else.

- Not much to offer on McCandlish... he's either telling the truth or not.

- Dr. Paul Czysz makes reference to "flying saucers" moving at 20,000 mph. That's about the speed of a space shuttle in low orbit (about the time of reentry). I don't doubt that the military has developed the capacity to move a vehicle at those speeds -- I hear sonic booms from military testing near my home all the time -- but that doesn't mean that "alien" technology is present or necessary. Czysz doesn't seem like someone who would have access to information about UFOs even if they were real.

- Edgar Mitchell, unfortunately, seems not to be the most mentally-stable of the astronauts -- he's been pushing all kind of pseudo-science for years, including publicity stunts such as "proving" that ESP exists. Not surprisingly, he's made a healthy living in book sales on these kinds of subjects. I'd be much more inclined to believe his testimony if it weren't jumbled in with all sorts of other gobbedlygook. It's also worth noting that he claims (in other accounts) to know what the US President is and is not briefed on, among other things... information that a former astronaut has no access to and can only have taken credulously from indirect sources.

Of course, none of this proves whether or not UFOs exist. I am inclined to think that the government has spent a considerable amount of time looking for them, though I very strongly doubt that anything significant has been found. It seems that the possibility of NASA or USAF prototypes lurks behind almost every seemingly-credible claim; if I saw a super-aerodynamic vehicle moving at upwards of 10,000 mph I'd probably think I saw a UFO. Too much of this stuff is explainable by either misunderstanding, fourth-hand info, mental instability, and outright hoax. Until some real evidence is brought to the table -- and surely those with access to super-secret documents would also have access to a camera or photocopier or flash drive or something -- I'm going to be wary of dramatic claims made in this arena. IMO, it would be more productive to put all this time and energy into the pursuit of more modest, unsexy subjects like identifying and analyzing all the life forms that actually live on our own planet.

Dont forget there are those such as Ben Rich who was the top man at Lockheed and is the "father of stealth technology" Even he said the UFOs (extraterestrial craft) are real and that he had first hand knowledge of them. Its not proof because he said it but its pretty revealing that the truth may actually be that exatraterrestrials are real.

Here is just one of his quotes from a public seminar just before he died

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.” In the presentation which is recorded on video he even shows a slide of an artistist rendering of a black flying disk in space coming up from earth and he makes the comment "we now have the technology to take ET home" btw he didnt say it in a joking manner. He made other quotes saying there are types of UFOs, the ones that man makes and the ones that extraterrestrials make. Whether you believe that UFOs are extraterrestrial or not, I think its obvious that the US Goverenment has its hands on anti-gravitiy propulsion technology. Its the only way you can explain the reported speeds and the rapid 90 degree turns. Its has been said that the goverenment always has technology 40 years or so before its released to the public. We do know that to be true because stealth technology was being worked on in the late 50s and 1960s but it wasnt until the 1990s that it was revealed to the public. The goverenment is sitting on technology that we might not find out until 2050 or maybe never.

another link that shows quotes from others

Proving the authenticity of any future UFO film will be extremely difficult--- as computer technology improves and evolves, dazzling photographic special effects will be as common as dirt.

Almost anyone will be able to doctor up pics in the near future~~ Video films of UFOs will probably be essentially worthless before long. This situation is going to make the UFO question even more difficult to address.

Dont forget there are those such as Ben Rich who was the top man at Lockheed and is the "father of stealth technology" Even he said the UFOs (extraterestrial craft) are real and that he had first hand knowledge of them. Its not proof because he said it but its pretty revealing that the truth may actually be that exatraterrestrials are real.

Here is just one of his quotes from a public seminar just before he died

But a dissinformation effort like that wouldnt make since at all. Why say the technology is extraterestrial? Its not really taking attention away from what they are doing. Whether its extraterestrial or not, we know the goverenment is working on some pretty exotic stuff and we have a pretty good idea what they are working on.

Its really just a matter of perception. Something you believe to be a myth could be real. There are a number of things throughout our history that were "myths" that have now been proven as fact. As I said before, just because you cant see something or prove that its there, doesnt mean its not real. Whats science fiction today can be fact tommorrow.

^ Think about the types of technology that are often reported by "UFO eyewitnesses", who inevitably get scoffed at by the public: anti-gravity propulsion, the ability to make rapid sharp turns in midflight, staggeringly quick acceleration, advanced synchronized movement. Undoubtedly the USAF would love these kinds of advancements in flight technology and undoubtedly they've pursued them for a long time.

The problem is that you really have to test aircraft under flight conditions in order to get reliable performance data, and when you test top-secret aircraft prototypes, you risk revealing the project to every dimwit that you might fly over -- thus defeating the purpose of top-secret testing. So... maybe the USAF pays off a few people to make crazy claims about "aliens" in the sky, knowing that these people are going to get scoffed at (and in many cases revealed to be frauds), thus shifting the matter toward the fringes of the media. So we end up arguing about whether aliens exist instead of how long it will be before Russia steals the technology behind our new fighting craft. That's a pretty convenient solution to an unavoidable problem, and the kind of thing the CIA has been doing daily in other countries for decades.

So... maybe the USAF pays off a few people to make crazy claims about "aliens" in the sky, knowing that these people are going to get scoffed at (and in many cases revealed to be frauds), thus shifting the matter toward the fringes of the media. So we end up arguing about whether aliens exist instead of how long it will be before Russia steals the technology behind our new fighting craft. That's a pretty convenient solution to an unavoidable problem, and the kind of thing the CIA has been doing daily in other countries for decades.

This is precisely the sort of thing the CIA does.

Remember, the government denies alien contact. But the denial is done in such a half-hearted manner that it invites charges of cover-ups. Then people like Robert Lazar (a supposed Area 51 physicist), and Ben Rich (former CEO of Lockheed) can easily spread disinformation. **note: I'm not claiming Lazar and Rich are CIA agents---just an illustration of how the CIA operates.

In these kinds of intrigues, how on earth can we be sure WHO is working with the CIA........and who can we believe? Wouldn't everyone agree that the CIA is all about manipulation, propaganda and disinformation?

Even UFO sightings in space are highly suspect. After all, SDI (AKA Star Wars) is still under research and development. It's all top secret and who knows how advanced it might be?

Of course the Universe is full of all forms of life. It's too large to be void of biological forms. But the skeptic in me still looks for the Military Industrial Complex in every UFO sighting. When you get the CIA thrown into the mix, I become even more dubious about "alien spacecraft".

^ Think about the types of technology that are often reported by "UFO eyewitnesses", who inevitably get scoffed at by the public: anti-gravity propulsion, the ability to make rapid sharp turns in midflight, staggeringly quick acceleration, advanced synchronized movement. Undoubtedly the USAF would love these kinds of advancements in flight technology and undoubtedly they've pursued them for a long time.

The problem is that you really have to test aircraft under flight conditions in order to get reliable performance data, and when you test top-secret aircraft prototypes, you risk revealing the project to every dimwit that you might fly over -- thus defeating the purpose of top-secret testing. So... maybe the USAF pays off a few people to make crazy claims about "aliens" in the sky, knowing that these people are going to get scoffed at (and in many cases revealed to be frauds), thus shifting the matter toward the fringes of the media. So we end up arguing about whether aliens exist instead of how long it will be before Russia steals the technology behind our new fighting craft. That's a pretty convenient solution to an unavoidable problem, and the kind of thing the CIA has been doing daily in other countries for decades.

I have to disaagree. The goverenment was testing the steath aircraft years before it was revealed to the public. People were reporting black wedges in the sky for years. So yes the goverenment does test top secret aircraft in plain sight. But since many people like yourself still dont believe in aliens, it makes no sense to use that as a disinformation tactic. I think all evidence points towards the reality of these beings. They and their craft have been reported throughout the ages including in the bible. Lets face it there is alot about the world and the universe we dont understand. Its kinda like during the time when people thought the world was flat. Mans perception of the world they live in changed dramatically when they found out the world was not flat. Just when we think we know all there is to know, we find out we really dont know as much as we thought. I think if humans exist here, intellegent beings can exist elsewhere in the universe. The universe is made of the same properties so what happened on earth can happen elsewhere. Most people agree there is intellegent life elsewhere, they just dont believe they would have the technology to overcome those vast distances to make it to earth. Thats because we assume another intellgent species are at the same technological level that we are. Its Human arrogance again, like when we thought the sun and the stars revolved around the earth. In all actuallity there could be intellgent life out there thats hundreds of thousands of years more advance than we are and have discovered way to "warp" across the universe. Even us humans are begining to figure that out through Albert Einstein's theories.

Believing in alien life and believing in UFO's from outer space are two completely different things. I am certain that there is life, including intelligent life beyond Earth.

What I am not convinced of is that an alien civilization can be so technologically advanced to travel to Earth, but ends up crashing their ship when they get here. If you consider that the closest star (Proxima Centauri) is approximately 4.2 light years from the Earth, and the closest planet (detected to date) is 63 light years from Earth, we are talking about, best case scenerio, an extremely long journey.

Even if this were the case, to assume that we had the technology to reverse engineer an alien craft capable of making such a journey is laughable.

I have to disaagree. The goverenment was testing the steath aircraft years before it was revealed to the public. People were reporting black wedges in the sky for years. So yes the goverenment does test top secret aircraft in plain sight. But since many people like yourself still dont believe in aliens, it makes no sense to use that as a disinformation tactic.

I think you misunderstood... the fact that people don't believe in aliens is the whole point of using disinformation.

Think about it this way: people report seeing "flying saucers" all the time, and always attribute their presence to "aliens". Since the majority of people consider these eyewitnesses to be kooks, they simply write off the existence of flying saucers altogether.

But it's perfectly feasible that the USAF could be working on disc-shaped aircraft. In fact, it makes perfect sense; a flying vehicle capable of making rapid changes in direction, while moving on a central axis, would most likely be disc-shaped in order to achieve maximum aerodynamic efficiency. No matter what direction it was moving -- forward, backward, or to either side -- it would always have its "leading edge" facing forward. We see this basic design every day in frisbees. This kind of design, of course, is only really significant in atomospheric travel; in space there is no need for aerodynamics due to the lack of wind resistance.

So, much like the stealth bomber, we have had reports of flying saucers for 50 years... but nobody gives them any credence because instead of "I saw an incredible new aircraft" we hear "I saw an alien!!!". If this is what's happening it's a remarkably effective strategy to discredit the notion that such experimental aircraft even exist... and it only works because people are so inclined not to believe it.

Think about it this way: people report seeing "flying saucers" all the time, and always attribute their presence to "aliens". Since the majority of people consider these eyewitnesses to be kooks, they simply write off the existence of flying saucers altogether.

But it's perfectly feasible that the USAF could be working on disc-shaped aircraft. In fact, it makes perfect sense; a flying vehicle capable of making rapid changes in direction, while moving on a central axis, would most likely be disc-shaped in order to achieve maximum aerodynamic efficiency. No matter what direction it was moving -- forward, backward, or to either side -- it would always have its "leading edge" facing forward. We see this basic design every day in frisbees. This kind of design, of course, is only really significant in atomospheric travel; in space there is no need for aerodynamics due to the lack of wind resistance.

So, much like the stealth bomber, we have had reports of flying saucers for 50 years... but nobody gives them any credence because instead of "I saw an incredible new aircraft" we hear "I saw an alien!!!". If this is what's happening it's a remarkably effective strategy to discredit the notion that such experimental aircraft even exist... and it only works because people are so inclined not to believe it.

I mentioned this a while back, but I'll bring it up again in case there are new folks reading. Mankind has been experimenting with disc shaped air craft for decades.

Google search: Vril saucer shaped craft, Thule flying saucers and you'll learn that bizarro German Aryan cults were working on "flying saucers" in the 1930s! Great pics too.:) Even youtube has some awesome Vril Society films of experimental craft.

Flying saucers are nothing new. So what if flying saucers are in the skies? Vril scientists were flying them as far back as the 1930s.

Believing in alien life and believing in UFO's from outer space are two completely different things. I am certain that there is life, including intelligent life beyond Earth.

What I am not convinced of is that an alien civilization can be so technologically advanced to travel to Earth, but ends up crashing their ship when they get here. If you consider that the closest star (Proxima Centauri) is approximately 4.2 light years from the Earth, and the closest planet (detected to date) is 63 light years from Earth, we are talking about, best case scenerio, an extremely long journey.

Even if this were the case, to assume that we had the technology to reverse engineer an alien craft capable of making such a journey is laughable.

I think it is possible that another intellegent life form are far more advance than us even to the point of long distant space travel. Again we make a mistake when we hold possible intellgent life to human standards. Its also possible that an advance race could travel across the universe and yes even crash. I think even a more intellegent species with superior technology than ourselves can make mistakes. You say its laughable that an extraterrestrial race could travel across the universe. It was once a laughable notion 100 years ago when people said we'd go to the moon. In fact all of todays technology would seem like magic to people a hundred years ago just like travelling across space seems like magic to us. If man can advance so far in a hundred years just think what an extraterrtrial race thousands of years ahead of us can do.

You say its laughable that an extraterrestrial race could travel across the universe. It was once a laughable notion 100 years ago when people said we'd go to the moon. In fact all of todays technology would seem like magic to people a hundred years ago just like travelling across space seems like magic to us. If man can advance so far in a hundred years just think what an extraterrtrial race thousands of years ahead of us can do.

Exactly!

I think you misunderstood my point. I said thinking we are advanced enough to reverse-engineer alien technology capable of traveling the vase distances of space is laughable. That would be similar to showing a computer to someone in the middle ages and expecting them to understand what was going on inside of it.

There's also the problem of physics as it relates to space travel. Unless there are navigable "wormholes" -- and that is at best unlikely -- then it is physically impossible to travel between solar systems at anything quicker than the speed of light. And the light takes tens of millions of years to get from one star system to another... so unless these are some VERY long-lived aliens with a huge amount of expendable time on their hands, they wouldn't survive the journey based on timeframe alone. That's not a matter of technological limitations, it's a matter of physics.

There's also the problem of physics as it relates to space travel. Unless there are navigable "wormholes" -- and that is at best unlikely -- then it is physically impossible to travel between solar systems at anything quicker than the speed of light. And the light takes tens of millions of years to get from one star system to another... so unless these are some VERY long-lived aliens with a huge amount of expendable time on their hands, they wouldn't survive the journey based on timeframe alone. That's not a matter of technological limitations, it's a matter of physics.

There are stars that are much closer than that. If one were to travel near the speed of light, there are a handful of stars you can reach from Earth in less than 20 years :P

There has been some thought online that perhaps UFOs could be living entities, not just craft with entities inside. In an enormous Universe, all sorts of things are possible, and we must entertain all ideas of what the UFO phenomena could be.

Some of the UFOs that trailed NASA missions in space have had an ameoba appearance. Fascinating concept. Keeping our minds open to the possibilities makes the UFO phenomena a perpetually wondrous issue. No doubt at all that millions of people worldwide are seeing things in the sky.

I think you misunderstood my point. I said thinking we are advanced enough to reverse-engineer alien technology capable of traveling the vase distances of space is laughable. That would be similar to showing a computer to someone in the middle ages and expecting them to understand what was going on inside of it.

That depends on just how much more advanced the alien technology is compared to ours. Show a computer to people from the middle ages and they'd never figure it out. On the other hand, show it to engineers from the 1930s and give them some time, and they'd probably be able to decipher much of the technology behind it. As someone pointed out, modern physicists already have a theoretical understanding of how interstellar travel could be possible, even without the technological knowledge necessary to build an interstellar craft. If a hypothectical alien craft is based on principles not completely unknown to our scientists, they could probably reverse engineer a good bit of it...

...On the other hand, if the alien technology is indeed advanced far beyond human knowledge, or based on principles we aren't even close to discovering, anything could be possible. There was a time when the speed of sound was thought to be a limit as unbreakable as the speed of light, hence the term "sound barrier." There is a lot we still don't know about physics.

You also have to think that alien technology could be millions of years ahead of ours. The Earth is a young planet in space that is timeless. To say that something isn't possible is extremely short sighted and a bit arrogant. What is fact today can become myth tomorrow. The smartest physicists in the world have thought many times that they had something figured out about our universe, only to find more questions than answers. The closer they get to discovering the truth, the more they realize it is more complicated than they ever thought possible.

^ Yes, but when we get into business such as moving as fast as light, we're talking about mathematical impossibility. It's not a "flat earth" kind of situation, in the sense that scientists knew thousands of years before Columbus that the earth was round because of mathematical proofs. For aliens to travel faster than light, would be like finding out that the earth is indeed flat after all.

Archived