Chattanooga Construction Pics

Hankster

Here's some construction pictures I took in the downtown Chattanooga area on January 6th. There's quite a lot of good things in the works here.

Two North Shore. This is a retail and grocery store project located directly across the street from the 200 unit One North Shore condo project on Chattanooga North Shore district.

P1060055.jpg

One North Shore. Construction is just beginning on this project. It's the largest condo project in Chattanooga with 200 units in a seven story building.

P1060056.jpg

417 Frazier. This is another condo project on Chattanooga's North Shore. It is nearing completion.

P1060057.jpg

Brabson Place. Located at the corner of Georgia Ave and 4th St, it is located at the edge of the Arts Bluff District. This is a mixed use, office and retail project with about 56,000 Sq Ft.

P1060058.jpg

Museum Bluffs II and Blue Cross Blue Shield Corporate Headquarters. The large mound of dirt in the foreground is construction on Museum Bluffs II (more about this one later). The construction on the hill in the background is on the massive Tennessee Blue Cross Blue Sheild corporate headquarters project. This will be a 950,000 Sq Ft office complex built in five separate five story buildings on the top of this hill.

P1060059.jpg

Museum Bluff I. Just completed. The pedestrian walkway you see runs between the Tennessee Aquarium and the Hunter Museum. Many new art pieces have been added recently such as the dog in this picture. It's a great urban space. The walkway will run in between Museum Bluffs I and Museum Bluffs II.

P1060061.jpg

Museum Bluffs II. This is a 107 unit condo complex that has just begun construction in the Arts Bluff District. It is located directly across from Museum Bluffs I.

P1060062.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pictures. The North Shore is a good example of a City doing it right. A high rise condo over there, facing the river, skyline and Lookout Mt would be a real winner.

I like those pre-fab sidings being installed on the Brabson Place. In lieue of extremely expensive (thus economically prohibitive) handmade craftsmanship, these will do just fine.

P1060058.jpg

BTW, did I read you were getting married? If so, why are you out taking pictures?

Great to see all the construction going on in Chattanooga. The city is finally getting the recognition it deserves. The corporate HQ's is HUGE! Next time I'm in Chattanooga I am going to have to check-it all out! I can't wait to see the redeveloped riverfront area.

In the central business district I do not think there is a height limt. Currently the tallest is 20 stories, and there at about 20 buildings 12 stories or above. In seems of late all the new construction has been midrise. I do know that many areas outside the central business district but still in the downtown area have building height restrictions. The North Shore area is generally at 4 floors. However, the North Shore One project was approved for seven. Areas south of the CDB are also generally limited to about 4 stories.

There is a height restriction that I'm aware of for the CBD. The tallest building ever proposed for Chattanooga (that I know of) was approx 30 stories. It would have been built where the new EPB HQ is. (Butcher Block) It would have housed the Chattanooga offices for a bank (Knoxville based?) Maybe someone remembers more details than I do.

The tallest is the Republic Centre. I used to work there, but 21 stories comes to mind.

You are correct. According to the Emporis site, the tallest builing in Chattanooga is the Republic Center at 21 Stories and 300 Ft tall. The second tallest is the Sun Trust Bank at 20 stories. There is no height listed for that one, but it's not much shorter. I would estimate about 280 feet. Here's a link to the Emporis page on Chattanooga:

Chattanooga Tallest Buildings

You are correct. According to the Emporis site, the tallest builing in Chattanooga is the Republic Center at 21 Stories and 300 Ft tall. The second tallest is the Sun Trust Bank at 20 stories. There is no height listed for that one, but it's not much shorter. I would estimate about 280 feet. Here's a link to the Emporis page on Chattanooga:

Chattanooga Tallest Buildings

Archived