Why Not Move The Sting To Hartford?

drc72

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MadVlad:

IMHO at least the Mohegan bought a team! I believe that the Sun should be in Hartford, but I've heard that it will be a stepping stone to more companies to buy - or start. Here, the Seminoles just bought 'Hard Rock Restaurants' from Rank Group - the first time a nation bought a big company. (I thought that the Pequots or the Mohegans would the first to buy a major company, but it is the Seminoles who did.).

Anyway, I'd love to WNBA in Hartford, but I don't think it'll happen.

JimS

Yes, I wish the WNBA were in Hartford too, but it is not. Why? Because MSG couldn't accomodate potential buyers of the team. So the team ended up in Uncasville, which, in my opinion, is better than not being in CT at all.

The Sun are OUR team and there will be no WNBA team in Hartford, unless the Sun decide to relocate operations there or sell the team.

Yes, I wish the WNBA were in Hartford too, but it is not. Why? Because MSG couldn't accomodate potential buyers of the team. So the team ended up in Uncasville, which, in my opinion, is better than not being in CT at all.

The Sun are OUR team and there will be no WNBA team in Hartford, unless the Sun decide to relocate operations there or sell the team.

Agreed. The reason the Sun are at Mohegan is because once the WNBA changed their rules about where franchises could be located, they weren't allowing enough time for a Hartford owner to pop up. The Mohegan's happened to be in a position to make an offer immediately. I think the WNBA did themsleves a disservice by not waiting for a Hartford owner. Imagine a day where Hartford has the Hartford Whalers NHL franchise, the Hartford Hellcats NBA franchise and the Hartford Hellions WNBA franchise.....

MadVlad:

I said that I'd love the NBA team to be the HellCats, the WNBA team to be the Blizzard and the NLL team to be the Helions (or a indoor soccer team). Just think of what Hartford would be with the 'PhoenixFinanical Center' having events and things happening at the convention Center, too. :)

JimS

Archived