The Summit at Cornerstone Progress

urbanvb

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I was sitting in traffic last night on 264 & caught a look at the site. It didn't appear to me that any progress has been made over the last couple months, although it looked as though the model building was now wrapped in vinyl on 3 sides... No other buildings seem to have been started. I understand that it's all residential, and with the market the way it is, obviously there is no point with saturating it with homes further, but this site has really sat for quite some time, and doesn't appear to show signs of picking up the pace. Anyone have any additional insight into if this site might pick up anytime?

It seems to me that if this development has sat essentially vacant for so long, it may be a long time before the Renaissance Park ever even gets started...they are the same developer correct?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

This was built on a site of an old trailer park. I don't mind the "island of urbanism" when compared to what was there before hand.

Va Beach growth patterns are completely due to suburban zoning from the 60s to the mid 1990s. The population was small at the time and I don't think the early planners dreamed of sprawl of this magnitude. Only recently has the trend in this area (and the whole country) moved back to urban living and sustainability. Had Norfolk not been turned into a shanty town and urban wasteland in the 60s, much of the population may have ended up moving there instead of out to the suburbs, a la VA Beach. Either way, now that VA Beach has decided to fix itself, I'll take these little pockets of urban living in hopes that one day they will all be connected in the greater VA Beach inner city metro area.

Archived