City Views / Observation Deck?

tnse

Is there any spot in the city that has an observation deck in Downtown Memphis? I know they Pyramid was planned but never completed. Will it forever just sit there doing nothing? What about the top of 100 N. Main (the old UP building)? What's up there? Wouldn't that be the perfect place for an observation deck? Any plans for future buildings?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A friend and I went to 100 N. Main a couple summers ago and just asked if we could go to the top. Maybe we just got lucky, but some sleepy old security guard actually volunteered to take us to the top and give us a brief history of the restaurant.

I think there was a japanese garden on top of the 100 n main bldg too. There is a website I saw it on, but I can't remember what it is. This website had pictures of a lot of the older bldgs in Memphis. Some how these people camped out in the Sterick bldg for a night, and explored the huge Sears Crosstown bldg.

I think there was a japanese garden on top of the 100 n main bldg too. There is a website I saw it on, but I can't remember what it is. This website had pictures of a lot of the older bldgs in Memphis. Some how these people camped out in the Sterick bldg for a night, and explored the huge Sears Crosstown bldg.

Archived