[London] City will continue Main Street Program

seicer

• 4 months later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

London awarded $100,000 grant

London was profiled in this month's issue of Kentucky Monthly. Renderings of the project were published in the magazine.

Notes --

1. London was awarded a $100,000 grant by the Tour Southeastern Kentucky Development Association. The grant is titled "Community Initiative in Tourism and You". The city was one of 48 eligible to compete -- and one city was able to take home $100,000. Barboursville took second with $50,000, and three other cities received $10,000.

2. The money will be used for street lights and hanging baskets for Phase II of the downtown streetscaping project, which extneds from Fifth Street to Dixie Street. There will be banners installed for Phase I and II, as well as for hanging baskets around the Laurel County Courthouse and the parking structure on Fifth Street.

Article information: "London awarded $100,000 grant, By Tara Kaprowy, Sentinel Echo [London], May 15, 2007"

• 2 months later...

I live in London and I must say downtown looks very very nice!! No other downtown I've seen is as nice as London's. Currently in the works downtown is the new Laurel County Justice Center and next door to that 1st National Bank is expanding. We even have a French restaurant now; Sel et Poive, which has become a happening place downtown.

Archived