Indoor Waterpark Resort Downtown

GRDadof3

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Discussion moved from the Days Inn topic.

Would an indoor waterpark resort work as well at the Area 4 of 5 sites, as Joe suggests?

According to developers of Orchard Park (possible Cabela's site), they are also looking at building a hotel with attached water park.

I can see a full-service hotel (possibly all suites) WITH an attached indoor waterpark. Not something stand-alone.

I gotta agree with Wingbert here. I'll admit that I don't have children, but I do know that many times the preferences of kids is severely undervalued. All kids want to do is have fun, and kids usually get what they want. They don't want to be in a car for two ar three hours to get to that fun, and I'm pretty sure there aren't that many parents who want to be in the car with their kids for that long either. A developer can be assured that if something was put into the downtown region that excited kids and made it easier for parents to get away from those same kids for even a few hours, it would be an absolute hit. And GRDad hit it right on the head with the package deal incentives with the museums. How about a Stay and Play package that includes a couple of nights at the hotel, a pass to the waterpark, and tickets to see the Griffins play? If I were a parent, I would gladly fork over a couple shells for that.

With two meals breaks for 5 people you could easily add $60-100 to that price for a $220-265 outing...add some souveniers/t-shirts/hats and you're well into $300.

I'm just suggesting that locals might not pay that more than once a year. How often do GR people make a trip to Michigan's Adventure each summer or Double JJ? Just curious. My kids are just getting old enough where these outings make some sense to go and do.

• 4 months later...

We talked about a water park & hotel on this thread along with others. Tonight on Fox News at 10 they reported that the developer of possible Cabela's site has also secured options on another 60 acres to the east along I96 across Bristol for a new Hotel and Water Park. The land will need to be rezoned. They did not mention the hotel chain or the water park, but mentioned that they have built with Cabela's before on a site somewhere in Indiana. Hopefully some site plans will be available soon.

Archived