Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Griffin Park

52 posts in this topic

Thought I'd start a construction thread for this sizable development. Drove by yesterday to check and see what was going on and the earth is definately moving. Looks like landscaping is starting at the West Georgia entrance and you can tell site work is well underway. This looks like a qaulity development...much along the lines of Acadia....having a village, town center, etc. I think we mentioned Griffin Park briefly under the new developments thread.

http://www.griffinpark.com/

0516-Main20St20View2_z.jpg

I can not wait till this is going. Since I will be in the market soon for a home, and wanna stay in the Simpsonville area this will be worth checking into. I drove by quite a few times and wondering when its gonna get going strong.

Wow, wow, wow! I love that rendering. I had completely forgotten about this and I'm glad it has surfaced on UP again.

I might have to drive by this and take some pics like I did with Acadia. Looks like a very good quality and dense development. :thumbsup:

The first lots for this development will be released for sale to the public sometime during the 2nd quarter of 2007.

The first lots for this development will be released for sale to the public sometime during the 2nd quarter of 2007.

Any idea what kind of price range? Looks like a $300k and up development for single family houses.

The townhouses in the first Phase will range from $283,000 to $375,000, while the houses will range from $195,000 to $600,000+.

Seems like a nice range in price. It should sell quite well, I'd think.

Wow, this looks like its own town! Very dense too, which is impressive considering the fact that it is located in open land not far from the Southern Connector.

Speaking of, I am hoping this will be a real catalyst for growth. Are there any supermarkets nearby? If not, one should consider locating there. Also, traffic on the Connector will pickup a little. :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to seeing this happen. I hope it catches on with the public, as these developments are the kind we need more of.

Wow, this looks like its own town! Very dense too, which is impressive considering the fact that it is located in open land not far from the Southern Connector.

Speaking of, I am hoping this will be a real catalyst for growth. Are there any supermarkets nearby? If not, one should consider locating there. Also, traffic on the Connector will pickup a little. :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to seeing this happen. I hope it catches on with the public, as these developments are the kind we need more of.

I met with the developer a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the concept. Kind of remindes me of the Ion development in Mt. Pleasant (if you haven't seen this, it's worth a visit next time you're in the Charleston area). They are planning to have a grocery store along with various other commercial and office spaces confined to the area at the intersection of W. Georgia and Fork Shoals Rd. Additionally, they have included tons (acres and acres) of greenspace for nature trails and parks. I believe he said the first lots would be available by May of this year (lots from $75,000-$125,000)...some of the lots are along the Reedy River. They were working on the roads and infrastructure when we toured the site and things seemed to be coming along nicely. As with Acadia, I can't wait for this one either. :thumbsup:

I met with the developer a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the concept. Kind of remindes me of the Ion development in Mt. Pleasant (if you haven't seen this, it's worth a visit next time you're in the Charleston area). They are planning to have a grocery store along with various other commercial and office spaces confined to the area at the intersection of W. Georgia and Fork Shoals Rd. Additionally, they have included tons (acres and acres) of greenspace for nature trails and parks. I believe he said the first lots would be available by May of this year (lots from $75,000-$125,000)...some of the lots are along the Reedy River. They were working on the roads and infrastructure when we toured the site and things seemed to be coming along nicely. As with Acadia, I can't wait for this one either. :thumbsup:

It should remind you of I'ON, becuase DPZ the Master Planners of I'ON and the pioneer of this type of design is the Master Planners for Griffen Park.

Griffin Park has billboards up headed south on 385. I like the tagline "A town coming near you". Work is well underway at the site as well.

DSC01371.jpg

DSC01372.jpg

Drove by the site today and noticed several homes are starting to go up on the West Georgia Road side of the development. :thumbsup:

A brief article on GreenvilleOnline gives an update to this project. Apparently construction is underway. :thumbsup:

A brief article on GreenvilleOnline gives an update to this project. Apparently construction is underway. :thumbsup:

According to the April 27,. 2007 issue of Greenville Journal in the Southern Connector article, Bi-Lo and CVS have confirmed locations nearby Fork Shoals Road. Assuming they are near Griffin Park, is there any work yet on the retail phase of the community?