CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Griffin Park

gs3

Thought I'd start a construction thread for this sizable development. Drove by yesterday to check and see what was going on and the earth is definately moving. Looks like landscaping is starting at the West Georgia entrance and you can tell site work is well underway. This looks like a qaulity development...much along the lines of Acadia....having a village, town center, etc. I think we mentioned Griffin Park briefly under the new developments thread.

http://www.griffinpark.com/

0516-Main20St20View2_z.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this looks like its own town! Very dense too, which is impressive considering the fact that it is located in open land not far from the Southern Connector.

Speaking of, I am hoping this will be a real catalyst for growth. Are there any supermarkets nearby? If not, one should consider locating there. Also, traffic on the Connector will pickup a little. :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to seeing this happen. I hope it catches on with the public, as these developments are the kind we need more of.

Wow, this looks like its own town! Very dense too, which is impressive considering the fact that it is located in open land not far from the Southern Connector.

Speaking of, I am hoping this will be a real catalyst for growth. Are there any supermarkets nearby? If not, one should consider locating there. Also, traffic on the Connector will pickup a little. :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to seeing this happen. I hope it catches on with the public, as these developments are the kind we need more of.

I met with the developer a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the concept. Kind of remindes me of the Ion development in Mt. Pleasant (if you haven't seen this, it's worth a visit next time you're in the Charleston area). They are planning to have a grocery store along with various other commercial and office spaces confined to the area at the intersection of W. Georgia and Fork Shoals Rd. Additionally, they have included tons (acres and acres) of greenspace for nature trails and parks. I believe he said the first lots would be available by May of this year (lots from $75,000-$125,000)...some of the lots are along the Reedy River. They were working on the roads and infrastructure when we toured the site and things seemed to be coming along nicely. As with Acadia, I can't wait for this one either. :thumbsup:

I met with the developer a few weeks ago and was very impressed with the concept. Kind of remindes me of the Ion development in Mt. Pleasant (if you haven't seen this, it's worth a visit next time you're in the Charleston area). They are planning to have a grocery store along with various other commercial and office spaces confined to the area at the intersection of W. Georgia and Fork Shoals Rd. Additionally, they have included tons (acres and acres) of greenspace for nature trails and parks. I believe he said the first lots would be available by May of this year (lots from $75,000-$125,000)...some of the lots are along the Reedy River. They were working on the roads and infrastructure when we toured the site and things seemed to be coming along nicely. As with Acadia, I can't wait for this one either. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^^Yes indeed. I might go back by again tomorrow and get more and better pics of the site. If not, then i'll do it next weekend:

Picture002.jpg

I had an invitation to the party for this project, but something came up and I wasn't able to attend unfortunately:

Picture169.jpg

Article on Griffin Park: http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...342/1004/NEWS01

Archived