333 Commerce Ave - Heartside

GRDadof3

I'm really hoping that these will be affordable, I spent two years living in the Globe Apartments across the road and really enjoyed it there but when my contract there expired no one wished to renew, hopefully the construction of Loose Leaf may give me a chance to move back into downtown.

Has anyone heard anything about cost?

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow, that's a little condesending. I toured the lofts myself and the prices are much higher than what the article states. The cheapest studios are $725/mo which gets you a whopping 495-510 sqft. The two bedroom penthouses are about $1595 a month for about 1300 sqft. The average 1 bedroom apartment is about 800 sqft for about $900/mo. None of the prices include heat - which is electric, or parking which is an extra $50 or so a month if you don't want to fight for a spot on the street.

The finishings are pretty cheap for the cost. There isn't even an oven, just a convection oven and only two stove burners. Also, no screens on the windows and no mirror in the bathroom - you buy your own. A few of the apartments were ok but this seems much more student housing friendly than professional late 20's and 30's friendly.

Comparing that to the apartment I had in Raleigh - I paid 675/mo for 900 square feet - brand new kitchen and appliances - creamic tile - laundry hookup - fireplace - huge bathroom with tons of closet space - my own patio with extra storage - a garage - and then the community had 2 pools - a movie theater and a car wash...

I look at those prices and say good luck to them on finding tenants.

That, or the price of land will come down. the price of commercial/industrial property is determined by the profit that can be made by developing it. if nothing can be developed at the current prices that is profitable then the prices are too high and a correction will occur.

Wow, that's a little condesending. I toured the lofts myself and the prices are much higher than what the article states. The cheapest studios are $725/mo which gets you a whopping 495-510 sqft. The two bedroom penthouses are about $1595 a month for about 1300 sqft. The average 1 bedroom apartment is about 800 sqft for about $900/mo. None of the prices include heat - which is electric, or parking which is an extra $50 or so a month if you don't want to fight for a spot on the street.

You know I guess I am missing something. I do not find the Lofts to be expensive.

I viewed them last week and was very interested and impressed in a one bedroom.

750 square feet for $825

Which includes water, sewer, trash.

internet and cable. (currently costs me about $60 a month)

washer and dryer in the unit that are not coin operated

PLUS if you pay on time, which i dont see why you shouldnt, you get $100 off rent.

Not only are the lofts directly downtown, but everything is brand new.

Someone please post a link for me to a brand new apartment,

on-site landry (no coins) directly downtown for $725. Which has no income restrictions

I would like to view at it.

You know I guess I am missing something. I do not find the Lofts to be expensive.

I viewed them last week and was very interested and impressed in a one bedroom.

750 square feet for $825

Which includes water, sewer, trash.

internet and cable. (currently costs me about $60 a month)

washer and dryer in the unit that are not coin operated

PLUS if you pay on time, which i dont see why you shouldnt, you get $100 off rent.

Not only are the lofts directly downtown, but everything is brand new.

Someone please post a link for me to a brand new apartment,

on-site landry (no coins) directly downtown for $725. Which has no income restrictions

I would like to view at it.

The 8 or 9 spots they were required to have are (i think) on the south side of the building, I believe the penthouses get first dibs on them. The remaining spots available to rent are to the west of the building between the loose leaf building and the metropolitan building.

The reason I'm not liking the prices are because the place I used to live in - on the corner of oakes and division, above mos eisley's, was a 1200 sqft two story townhouse style apartment for only $900 a month. For $50/mo we were given an underground garage space and for another $25 a spot outside in the alley. It had a full size stove, oven, and microwave as well as a dishwasher. Laundry was also on site. The finishings were as good or better than the Loose Leaf finishings. So, how is it that a much smaller less desirably located apartment is more expensive?

Archived