Another New poster

GE Turbine Man

Well, I've been a lurker for a little while, but finally decided that I should go ahead and register as, I've got a few questions about the area. But first, a little about myself.

I grew up in the Raleigh, NC area, and have been living in Greenville (Taylors Actually) for the past year or so. Since Graduation several years ago, I've lived in Florence, SC :sick:, Pawleys Island :shades:, and now here. So I have a pretty good feel for the state of SC as a whole now that I've lived in pretty much every corner of it (Still no Hilton Head, but I'm working on that).

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to Urbanplanet, GE Turbine Man. I'm glad you have found interest in this site, but this thread might get closed because there is a thread here in the Greenville Coffee House for newcomers: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...11974&st=40

-I actually have friends that live in Florence and Pawley's Island. I make it down to those cities quite a few times a year. I'm also a big Carolina Hurricanes fan too. I'm guessing you work at the GE gas turbine plant by what your username is, which is very cool. :thumbsup:

Whoops!

Terrible Newbie mistake. Sorry about that.

I do work for GE, but I am just a lowly design engineer, so I don't know much about what is planned for the investor meeting. They just stick me in my nerd corner with my computer.

I might be able to find something out about it though.

When I was in Raleigh, I had season tickets to the canes. Was sorry to see the Growl leave, I miss live hockey.

I am able to work from home and occasionally do so for several days in a row. While most communications go through electronically, there is something about being here and getting the "Non-official" word on the street type of communication. I feel pretty out of the loop when I get back in the office, so I can imagine what its like full time.

I am able to work from home and occasionally do so for several days in a row. While most communications go through electronically, there is something about being here and getting the "Non-official" word on the street type of communication. I feel pretty out of the loop when I get back in the office, so I can imagine what its like full time.

Archived